PDA

View Full Version : League of Legends - F2P MOBA (like DOTA) part 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19

Kabob
08-07-2012, 08:59 AM
← Bought Fiora day 1, played her twice, convinced Riot to give me a refund.

Diana is out and I gotta say, Riot went much further with her than they've gone with any other champ in giving her a backstory and a theme. When you download the patch just sit in the loading screen and listen to the music (or you can listen to it on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ajX6oFoegU)). Definitely a step in the right direction, I think they did a fantastic job.

Here's her Champion Spotlight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7WSLWcACiw).

NikolaeVarius
08-07-2012, 01:04 PM
New Champion looks awesome.

ImpulsE69
08-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Well she's definitely..um..special. She tower dived me 3 times with half health (while I had full health and sat and tanked the tower all while under level 5. She's a bit OP at the moment, so I'm sure she'll be a favorite until they rework and nerf her to oblivion.

Her leap I think might be further than any other character, and while I "thought" she had to land her arch move to even use that leap, I saw her more than once leap w/o it and having no prior contact to whoever she lept to (and a very long range at that). There were numerous times where she took 0 damage from anyone. She's just too tanky, does too much damage and has too many closer moves.

All in all I'd say she's a ranged Akali who has way too much staying and damage power at low levels.

NikolaeVarius
08-07-2012, 01:36 PM
She doesn't need the moonlight thing. That only refreshes the coolodown if it lands on a lit character. Otherwise its just the single jump.

Kabob
08-07-2012, 04:12 PM
She doesn't need the moonlight thing. That only refreshes the coolodown if it lands on a lit character. Otherwise its just the single jump.

This. If she uses her ult after her Q it simply refreshes the ult's CD. She can ult without it though.

Firsttime
08-07-2012, 05:29 PM

On like a 23 second cd. Still pretty insane. Don't think she'll be too wildly OP, definetly very pub stompy. Like Akali. AoE team comps will blow her up. If anything the refreshing shield is OP in lane. 100+ sheild at level 1 is pretty crazy.

krnmastersgt
08-08-2012, 01:28 AM
Her ult has a 20 second base cooldown, so down to 12 with max CDR which I shoot for since that turns her into crazy powerful assassin and initiator.

All the ones I've been facing seem to refuse to use their ult unless it's a killing blow or they landed the Q already. I was like that for the first 25 minutes of using her, then I realized with all the AP that I had I could just ult in with my W active, Q right in front of me and proc the passive for almost an instantly kill on people :P Game dragged on but I ended up just initiating fights more or less, dive in on a carry that wanders too close (Ezreal consistently did so trying to poke with Q) and E everyone around you and watch as your team converges on them while you take almost no damage due to the double shield :P

ImpulsE69
08-08-2012, 03:27 AM
Her ult has a 20 second base cooldown, so down to 12 with max CDR which I shoot for since that turns her into crazy powerful assassin and initiator.

All the ones I've been facing seem to refuse to use their ult unless it's a killing blow or they landed the Q already. I was like that for the first 25 minutes of using her, then I realized with all the AP that I had I could just ult in with my W active, Q right in front of me and proc the passive for almost an instantly kill on people :P Game dragged on but I ended up just initiating fights more or less, dive in on a carry that wanders too close (Ezreal consistently did so trying to poke with Q) and E everyone around you and watch as your team converges on them while you take almost no damage due to the double shield :P

Yea pretty much as I said, very OP. I swear Riot doesn't even QA test anymore, it's rush rush rush and we'll sort it out later. It's really starting to look like they don't care about anyone but the tourney players. I feel like this one had to come out OP since the last few have been lackluster, they probably didn't coax enough RP out of the playerbase, but when you are bringing out new chars almost every other week, there's a point you've over saturated. You have to up the anti to get anyone to spend real cash. I pretty much refuse to buy any more skins due to the constant changes to characters. I don't need a skin if that char is nerfed so much they never get played. There are so many characters you never see any more, just the same handful. Granted, I've spoken multiple times about how I disapprove of the constant reworking of characters, that's just my opinion, I know others here like it.

krnmastersgt
08-08-2012, 04:11 AM
Mmm I wouldn't say OP, just very strong lategame which most assassins aren't as they typically revolve around sniping 1 person outside of real fights, and while they have damage to add to team fights they usually die so fast or get zoned so readily they can't do much unless everyone is weak after the fight and they're just cleaning up.

Diana on the other hand has some pretty weak laning, although many will just jungle her, she needs a lot of farm to be that powerful assassin initiator. The problem for you is that her kit at 6 is very easy to snipe a kill here and there, so you have to play defensively for a while until you can out-damage her if she jumps on you. You have to harass the crap out of her early on, and mid-game you need to zone her (talking about lane Diana) to prevent her from just farming creep with Q casts, or at the very least out-farm her.

She's like an updated version of Fizz in my eyes, has some ranged poke but roughly the same ability styles they're working with however instead of the pole-jump disjoint which is oh so annoying, she just has a shield which can refresh. Unlike Fizz however, if she's been starved of farm all game she is going to be pathetic as aside from a slight damage Q her entire kit relies on her being right next to her target, and if she doesn't have CDR + AP she's going to melt for doing so.

All this AP assassin stuff aside, I have to wonder how strong she'll be as an AD (Fizz was used that way for a while, still is for some) as her E is a very powerful AoE disable for a bruiser, her Q might not do much damage but does allow her refreshed ult blinks for chasing/escaping. Her ult has a fairly short CD considering it has a base damage + blinks you instantly onto the target. Plus the passive proc does a decent base damage, imagine that with a Wit's End on a tank effectively. It does more than that item that was ported from Dominion, built out of a Recurve + Ruby, garbage item for the most part but still it does more and comes up faster and it's just her innate passive. I'm afraid of her evolving into that as opposed to her current AP assassin role tbh, I mean what do you do against that?

ImpulsE69
08-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Does ignore work for anyone? All I get is an error no matter the name for a few weeks. It's very annoying to not be able to ignore. I see a few posts on the forums about it, but no replies, and nothing from the devs.

Also, while looking around to see if this is a larger issue, I found an article that said that if you ignore someone, you will not be grouped with them again. Is this actually true? It doesn't seem like that would work well for ranked system... If so, that's awesome.

crownjules
08-08-2012, 11:20 AM
It doesn't work like that for precisely that reason. The higher ELO players could just ignore all the other higher ELO players and be matched with lesser opponents.

ImpulsE69
08-08-2012, 11:25 AM
It doesn't work like that for precisely that reason. The higher ELO players could just ignore all the other higher ELO players and be matched with lesser opponents.

Yea that's what I thought too.

Kabob
08-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Katarina redesign next patch (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-relaunch-katarina-sinister-blade):

This patch, we’ll be overhauling one of our classic champions: Katarina, the Sinister Blade. Although Katarina’s manaless, cooldown-based abilities put a unique spin on her gameplay, she’s historically faced a number of challenges in the very early game and in team fight situations. In this update, we’ve made a few changes to her kit aimed at addressing these difficulties, while retaining the core elements that make playing this Noxian femme fatale a fun and satisfying experience. We also gave her a complete visual upgrade, including a new model, animations and spell effects on all of her abilities!

http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws.com/images/news/August_2012/2012_08_09_Katarina_Relaunch/Katarina_Render.png

Katarina’s New Abilities
Voracity (Passive): Champion kills or assists reduce Death Lotus' cooldown and refresh your basic abilities.
Bouncing Blades: Katarina throws a dagger that bounces from enemy to enemy, dealing magic damage and marking them. Striking a marked target with an ability or basic attack will consume the mark to deal additional magic damage.
Sinister Steel: Katarina whirls her daggers around her, dealing magic damage to all enemies in the area. If she hits an enemy champion, Katarina gains Movement Speed for a short duration.
Shunpo: Katarina instantly moves to her target's location and takes reduced damage from enemies for a short duration. If the target is an enemy, she deals damage.
Death Lotus (Ultimate): Katarina becomes a flurry of blades, throwing daggers with unrivaled speed at up to three nearby champions. Daggers deal magic damage and reduce incoming healing on targets hit.

http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws.com/images/news/August_2012/2012_08_09_Katarina_Relaunch/Katarina_comic.jpg

The first problem that Katarina players often faced was weak performance very early on, primarily related to the steep damage curve of her core damage ability, Bouncing Blades. While Bouncing Blades scales dramatically as it levels up, early on it ricochets only a few times, dealing relatively low damage. This forces Katarina players to play conservatively early in the laning phase, encouraging passive play until Bouncing Blades can be used to harass effectively.

To address this disparity, we normalized the damage inflicted by Bouncing Blades and made it bounce the same number of times at every level of the skill. In addition, each ricochet will now select the nearest available target instead of bouncing randomly. This change should both facilitate interesting counter-play for opponents and open up new harassment opportunities for advanced Katarina players who are able to predict where their daggers are going to bounce.

In addition to her early game difficulties, Katarina’s reliance on the massive damage potential of Death Lotus has always made her a challenging champion to balance. A fully channeled ultimate could quickly reduce a team to ashes, but a well-timed interrupt from a canny defender could quickly transform Katarina from a maelstrom of death into an easy kill. For this reason, we decided to move the healing debuff from Killer Instincts onto Death Lotus and decrease the channel time slightly. While this reign in the overall damage numbers slightly, replacing some of this raw punishment with a bit of utility gave us the opportunity to make remainder of Katarina’s kit more dangerous.

To accomplish this, we swapped Killer Instincts for a spammable, area-of-effect attack that grants Katarina a brief speed boost when it lands. This new ability, dubbed Sinister Steel, gives Katarina superior mobility and allows her to continue laying down damage on multiple targets during a team fight if Death Lotus is interrupted by a stun or knockback. For a little added kick, Bouncing Blades will now apply a debuff that is consumed to deal bonus damage when Katarina strikes the target with an attack or ability. These changes should give Katarina the extra damage she needs to play aggressively right out the gates and the flexibility necessary to keep her damage potential high once the team fights start.

This brand new take on Katarina, the Sinister Blade, will be baring her blades in an upcoming patch. We hope you’re ready!

krnmastersgt
08-10-2012, 01:22 AM
As a Katarina fan I am intrigued by this change they're making to her, though it does sound like they'll be nerfing her ult's damage output noticeably to say the least.

Kabob
08-10-2012, 09:08 AM
As a Katarina fan I am intrigued by this change they're making to her, though it does sound like they'll be nerfing her ult's damage output noticeably to say the least.

Doesn't look like it, here's the updates to the PBE:

Rengar (New Champion)
http://i.imgur.com/0dcq2.jpg
Damage:58(+3 per level)
Health:520(+85 per level)
Mana:5
Movement Speed:320
Armor:19.5(+3.5 per level)
Magic Resist:31.25(+1.25 per level)
Health Per 5 Sec:7.05
Mana Per 5 Sec:0
Range:125

Passive: Unseen Predator
While in brush or stealth Rengar will leap at the target when using his basic attack.

Rengar builds 1 point of Ferocity with each ability he uses on enemies. When reaching 5 points of Ferocity, Rengar's next ability becomes empowered, granting it a bonus effect.

Q: Savagery
Rengar's next basic attack deals bonus damage and grants him increased attack speed.

Ferocity Bonus: Rengar deals enhanced damage and doubles his Attack Speed bonus.

Range - 300
Cooldown - 6 seconds

W: Battle Roar
Rengar lets out a battle roar, damaging enemies and gaining bonus armor and Magic Resist for a short duration.

Ferocity Bonus: Rengar heals for a large amount.

Range - 400
Cooldown - 0 secs

E: Bola Strike
Rengar throws a bola at his target, slowing them for a short duration.

Ferocity Bonus: Roots the target for 1 second.

Range - 575
Cooldown - 12/11/10/9/8 Seconds

R: Thrill of the Hunt
Rengar activates his predatory instincts, stealthing and revealing all enemy Campions in a large radius around him. He gains Movement Speed and rapidly generates Ferocity while stealthed.

Range - 2000Cooldown - 120/80/40 Seconds

Katarina (Reworked)

Health changed from 478 (+83 per level) to 505 (+80 per level)
Armor changed from 18.75 (+4 per level) to 20.5 (+3.5 per level)

Voracity (Passive)
Champion kills or assists reduce Death Lotus's cooldown by 10 seconds and refresh basic abilities.

Bouncing Blades (Q)
Throws a dagger dealing 50/85/120/155/190 (+0.5) magic damage. The dagger bounces to the 4 closest enemies dealing 10% less damage with each bounce.

Enemies hit are marked for 4 seconds. Katarina's basic attacks or spells will consume the mark dealing 15/30/45/60/75(+0.2) additional magic damage.

Range - 675
Cooldown - 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 Seconds

Sinister Steel (W)
Whirls daggers in a circle dealing 40/80/120/160/200 (+0.3) magic damage. If she hits an enemy Champion, Katarina gains 12/20/28/36.5/44% movement speed for 1 second

Range - 750
Cooldown - 4/4/4/4/4 Seconds.

Shunpo (E)
Moves to a target's location. Deals 40/70/100/130/160 (+0.4) magic damage if the target is an enemy.

After using Shunpo, Katarina takes 20% reduced damage for 3 seconds

Range - 700
Cooldown - 14 Seconds.

Death Lotus (R)
Becomes a flurry of blades, throwing daggers at the closest 3 enemy Champions dealing 400/500/600 (+1.75) magic damage over 2 seconds.

Daggers apply Grievous Wounds, reducing incoming healing by 50% for 3 seconds.

Range - 550
Cooldown - 60 Seconds

Champion Changes
Cho'Gath

Feast now deals 1000 (+0.7) true damage to minions, up from 1000. Now loses half of his stacks on death, compared to loses up to 3.
Feral Scream Minor tooltip rewording (no change)
Vorpal Spikes Minor tooltip rewording (no change)

Garen

Courage now passively increases Armor and Magic Resist by 20% instead of increasing it by 0.5 every time he kills an enemy unit.
Courage defensive shield now lasts 2/3/4/5/6 seconds instead of 3 seconds. Now reduces incoming damage by 30% at all ranks instead of 20/24/28/32/36%. Now also grants 30% Crowd Control Reduction. Cooldown changed to 24 seconds instead of 30/27/24/21/18 Seconds.
Decisive Strike now also breaks all slows affecting Garen. 35% Speed bonus now lasts 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 seconds instead of 3 seconds. Damage increased to 30/55/80/105/130 (up from 30/45/60/75/90) and Silence effect duration changed to 1.5/1.8/2/2.3/2.5 seconds instead of a flat 2.5 seconds at all ranks.
Demacian Justice now has a 160/120/80 seconds cooldown, changed from 140/120/100 seconds.
Judgment no longer breaks slow effects or reduces the duration of slow effects. Now deals 20/45/70/95/120 plus 70/80/90/100/110 % of his attack (+0.9) physical damage instead of 50/90/130/170/210 physical damage. Judgment can critically strike dealing bonus damage. Judgment deals 25% less damage to minions and monsters.
Perseverance now regenerates after 10 seconds, up from 7 seconds - If Garen has not taken damage from monsters,towers or champions in the last 10 seconds, Garen regenerates 0.5% of his maximum Health each second

Kayle
Righteous Fury now scales from 40% of AP, up from 20%.

Teemo
Toxic Shot now deals 10/20/30/40/50 (+0.4) damage, up from 9/18/27/36/45 (+0.14). Now deals 6/12/18/24/30 (+0.1) damage over 4 seconds, down from 6/12/18/24/30 (+0.14).

Varus
Blighted Quiver: Now does 2/2.8/3.5/4.3/5 % (+0.02%) of the target's maximum Health per stack, up from 2/2.8/3.5/4.3/5 % (+0.01%)

New Items
Bonetooth Necklace
Item Cost - 1000
+20 Attack Damage (+2 per level) UNIQUE Passive: Rengar collects trophies when killing Champions, and gains bonus effects based on how many trophies he has. Kills and assists grant 1 trophy, and 1 trophy is lost on death. 2 Trophies: +25 Movement Speed. 6 Trophies: +10 Armor Penetration, +5% Cooldown Reduction. 12 Trophies: Rengar's leap gains 150 bonus range. 18 Trophies: New Active: Instantly gain 5 Ferocity.

Rengar looks (appearance-wise) like a cross between Volibear and Renekton...just sayin'

crownjules
08-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Nice, a free gap closer whenever he's in brush. Glad to see them keeping mobility creep in check.

Good to see Garen getting a little love. I just wish they'd word Judgement so the crit bonus damage part was more transparent. It's so vague and doesn't give players a good idea of whether it's worth it to build crit chance or not.

Kabob
08-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Apparently they're updating the HUD as well, not sure when the ETA on this release is:

http://i.imgur.com/ZckQb.jpg

Seems like initial response isn't good, most people don't like it.

krnmastersgt
08-10-2012, 02:33 PM
That is definitely a nerf to her ultimate in terms of full damage potential and extended team fights as the CD reduction you got from her old passive is 15 seconds vs 10 of the new one.

That being said her W is starting to look pretty nice and while Death Lotus will do less damage it will deal it considerably faster so you won't be forced to just sit in 1 spot spinning endlessly.

I'm really confused on the wording for Judgement's new damage. From what I can see this is going to actually nerf his early few ranks of damage but make it scale considerably better later on. Not sure how I feel about the changes to Courage as for laning, where he's strongest, that flat increase is insanely powerful, only a really tanky build will benefit from the % increase as opposed to the flat :(

Also wooooo AP Cho has another strong point now, feasting baron for more than twice smite's damage!

ivan2
08-10-2012, 03:30 PM
It looks to me that the fire cape kat could be viable again

ImpulsE69
08-10-2012, 03:41 PM
Speaking of Kat....last night I mid'ed against a Kat (as Anivia) that just absolutely raped me over and over. It was bad. Of course after that she proceeded to rape the team. We were pretty sure we were going to lose, but we had a Sion that was also pretty fed (and only got more fed as the game went on)....and of course there's my persistant backdooring with an ap carry that people just don't think will happen.

The turning point was they were pushing our base and I got a penta on them (only 2nd one for me). After that things were in our favor and we eventually won. Was pretty epic game for a change. The Sion was just crazy, he was healing for over half his health with one hit.

Kabob
08-10-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm really confused on the wording for Judgement's new damage. From what I can see this is going to actually nerf his early few ranks of damage but make it scale considerably better later on. Not sure how I feel about the changes to Courage as for laning, where he's strongest, that flat increase is insanely powerful, only a really tanky build will benefit from the % increase as opposed to the flat :(

I think they're trying to make him less of a "jack of all trades" champ and instead make you pick tank or damage and get a bigger benefit for that choice.

Dominato3r
08-11-2012, 09:07 PM
AstroNautilus confirmed :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KzdI_2ij-4Q

PimpJuice
08-13-2012, 02:55 PM
I just started playing the game this week based on Kabobs recommendation. It's pretty fun and I'm slowly getting the hang of it. I've been playing Shen but look forward to trying some different characters when the list changes.

Feel free to add me if you need a teammate....my tag is PLMPJULCE

Kabob
08-15-2012, 03:13 PM
I just started playing the game this week based on Kabobs recommendation. It's pretty fun and I'm slowly getting the hang of it. I've been playing Shen but look forward to trying some different characters when the list changes.

Feel free to add me if you need a teammate....my tag is PLMPJULCE

Glad you're getting into it, lots of fun for sure.

Anyone tried the new Katarina yet? I bought her the other day in preparation for the remake, although I assume her play style won't change much which means I'll still suck with her. Much more intrigued with the Garen changes than anything.

Kabob
08-17-2012, 02:19 PM
So Alienware gave out codes for Master Yi + his Samurai skin today, it was a freaking fire sale. Their website crashed countless times.

RPD
08-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Regarding Kat, she sure seems more fun and satisfying to play. But I don't play competitively, so I'm not sure if she stacks up.

krnmastersgt
08-17-2012, 04:16 PM
So Alienware gave out codes for Master Yi + his Samurai skin today, it was a freaking fire sale. Their website crashed countless times.

How it usually is for Alienware key giveaways, looks like they'll be adding more tomorrow at some random time so I might check in every once in a while to see if I can't get the skin.

Regarding Kat, she sure seems more fun and satisfying to play. But I don't play competitively, so I'm not sure if she stacks up.

She is quite a bit more fun since now you don't have to choose which ability gets the special effect, and the W's movespeed bonus has saved me multiple times already. Her ult has less base damage than her old form but it delivers it faster and has improved scaling so it gets pretty crazy rather quickly. She's more powerful now overall than her old form, that's for sure.

Kabob
08-17-2012, 05:12 PM
While I don't follow the competitive seen terribly closely I heard that initially the "pros" didn't like the Kat remake and have quickly warmed up to it.

Fenixgoon
08-17-2012, 07:11 PM
htf do you beat jax top lane? i got absolutely stomped as irelia. that was an incredibly frustrating game.

zebano
08-17-2012, 09:06 PM
htf do you beat jax top lane? i got absolutely stomped as irelia. that was an incredibly frustrating game.

Malphite is the accepted counter. I honestly know of no others. Maybe Yorick.

Xed
08-17-2012, 09:33 PM
I rush philo stone and wit's end against Jax. Get him to use his e on you then stun him and w/auto + q chase and you should win the fight or at least come out even. You really just want to be careful and farm as much as possible till lane phase is over.

krnmastersgt
08-18-2012, 12:01 AM
Nunu works wonders against Jax for the most part, he can jump to you but once you destroy his move and attack speed then he's rather stuck. Malphite is certainly one decent counter too however if Jax gets a decent lead Malphite can't actually do anything to Jax except not die. Nasus also works vs Jax relatively well however it's not an easy lane, same for Fiora.

Jax has a ton of counters up top, like all the mages can easily harass him into submission early game, or anyone with a decent attack speed slow can also effectively take him on.

Kabob
08-22-2012, 08:00 AM
I think Riot is just getting lazy now...
http://i.imgur.com/74dtc.jpg

Kabob
08-23-2012, 08:17 AM
Refund function just introduced into the PBE, that'd be pretty nice to have for those purchases you regret.

http://i.imgur.com/R0qY2.png

ImpulsE69
08-23-2012, 10:02 AM
Refund function just introduced into the PBE, that'd be pretty nice to have for those purchases you regret.

http://i.imgur.com/R0qY2.png

When you say refund, is it just for IP or RP too? LOL this goes against the Pokemon mentality. Does not compute!! ;)

crownjules
08-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Wow, that's very surprising. Is there a limit on how much/often it can be used? I know in the past you had a one time shot at emailing support for a refund.

Kabob
08-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Well the screenshot says "1 of 3 uses" so I'd assume it's the same deal, this time without having to deal with customer support. No clue if there's a time frame requirement either, it may be "within the past month" or who knows.

krnmastersgt
08-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Well the screenshot says "1 of 3 uses" so I'd assume it's the same deal, this time without having to deal with customer support. No clue if there's a time frame requirement either, it may be "within the past month" or who knows.

It might be quite related to the fact that CR reps can refund up to 3 items, although all in 1 transaction. I'd like it if I got more refunds though so I can get rid of Heimer and some other champs I don't particularly care for. Well if it ever makes it to the live servers anyways lol.

Kabob
08-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Pretty funny watch. This guy's brother and his brother's best friend have never seen LoL so he has them shoutcast his game.

YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ0aRMFOqks)

Kabob
08-24-2012, 09:15 AM
Big Morde change coming...and by big I mean they're giving him a larger model (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=28521503#28521503).

I'll admit I've always felt he was way too small.

krnmastersgt
08-24-2012, 04:03 PM
I also agree he's always felt a bit too small.

Anyone going to try to grind out higher ELO? I'm going to try to get myself above plat before the season ends around Oct 13.

Maleficus
08-24-2012, 04:13 PM
there is no above plat, newbbbbb

krnmastersgt
08-24-2012, 04:45 PM
They'll make a new ranking just for me!

Super Plat here I come!

ImpulsE69
08-24-2012, 06:10 PM

Anyone going to try to grind out higher ELO? I'm going to try to get myself above plat before the season ends around Oct 13.

Where you at? I've recently started playing ranked again digging myself out of my grave I created when I was dodging trolls (before I realized they take rank for that). I'm 2 games shy of even, and still under 1200 :(

krnmastersgt
08-24-2012, 06:59 PM
Well just broke 1600 a few hours ago, I don't have that many games under my belt this season (79 so far, trolls are OP making me lose placement matches :().

And I have a smurf 30 that I helped get Mal out of ELO hell with, I'd be more than happy to duo with you on that if you needed help doing the same as the sheer amount of troll at <1300 is still amazing to me lol.

Maleficus
08-24-2012, 08:13 PM
this kid, we helped EACH OTHER. no credit up in this place.

krnmastersgt
08-24-2012, 10:58 PM
I don't see how it helped me to rank up my smurf sir. I played on that purely to get you up and out of there, so no credit due!

Firsttime
08-25-2012, 10:04 AM
It's all that 1300 elo practice. Really improves the gameplay.

ImpulsE69
08-25-2012, 04:31 PM
My god, more game play changes.

"Hi, we're riot. We have no hope of making a remotely balanced game, so we'll just make major changes to random champs every other week to keep you on your toes."

NikolaeVarius
08-25-2012, 04:34 PM
Diana is so damn strong. So so strong,

Hacp
08-26-2012, 12:14 AM
My god, more game play changes.

"Hi, we're riot. We have no hope of making a remotely balanced game, so we'll just make major changes to random champs every other week to keep you on your toes."

I don't prefer the method riot employs to balancing, but you should understand what Riot is trying to accomplish. They are trying to avoid a state of stagnation, where only a small pool of champions are played at the competitive level. This happened in WoW, where only a certain comp(Rogue, Priest, Mage) was played, and people soon lost interest in the PvP scene, despite there being millions of active players.

And unlike WoW, where the Raid scene drives the popularity of the game, the competitive scene drives the popularity of LoL. A large portion of players play league because they saw a tournament game, and then wanted to try it out. So to have the competitive scene stagnate would be horrible for LoL in general. This drives Riot to balance around tournament play, and balance frequently. They want a variety of champions and strategies to be showcased because it is good for business.

festa_freak
08-27-2012, 03:05 PM
I don't think most lol players care about the tournament scene, myself included. I don't care about all the little balance changes. they are so small most times that they don't affect a player of my calibre. I don't think theres been a big change yet on a champ I play a lot. The biggest one was the fiddlesticks change to dark wind :/

As an aside, LoL community, don't rage about 'noobs' and tell us how much we suck in normal game modes. Go to ranked if you are all that. Thank you.

Fenixgoon
08-27-2012, 06:05 PM
I don't think most lol players care about the tournament scene, myself included. I don't care about all the little balance changes. they are so small most times that they don't affect a player of my calibre. I don't think theres been a big change yet on a champ I play a lot. The biggest one was the fiddlesticks change to dark wind :/

As an aside, LoL community, don't rage about 'noobs' and tell us how much we suck in normal game modes. Go to ranked if you are all that. Thank you.

any game that has (or desires) a competitive scene is going to need these fine balance changes *because* players of high skill levels are going to take every advantage they get. if one champion works better than the rest, then you're going to make sure you get that champion every time (or prevent the other team from doing so) in order to win.

thejunglegod
08-27-2012, 11:46 PM
Diana is so damn strong. So so strong,

Yep. She is bloody strong even after the nerf. In one of my games, a level 9 enemy Diana 2-shot our level 10 Ashe. I donno how that happened, gotta try her out, cos her burst damage is outta control. She's definitely getting another nerf soon.

zebano
08-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Yep. She is bloody strong even after the nerf. In one of my games, a level 9 enemy Diana 2-shot our level 10 Ashe. I donno how that happened, gotta try her out, cos her burst damage is outta control. She's definitely getting another nerf soon.

It's not just the high base damge, it's the fact that the shield refreshes so she can effectively tank for a short periods of time. Honestly her base damage is what needs nerfed IMO give her more scaling and less to start with. I really like the AP top bruiser MPen builds on her though lich bane is so beast it's hard to pass up. Haunting Guise, Abyssal, Sorc Shoes just does tons of damage.

Anyway regarding patches Riot clearly doesn't have any choice but to do that given that they have a competitive scene and most of the minor changes (i.e. changing a 1.0 scaling to .9) really don't impact us, just the very best players. Anyway I much prefer jungling Cho to jungling Diana right now, the guy is awesome and his NOM NOM is better than smite for buff control - I've played only 2 ranked games with him in the past week and I've stolen 2 barons.

I'm back in gold after an extended stay in silver. The only way I'm going to even attempt a platinum grind is if they have some awesome prize for them that gold doesn't get (S1 Jarvan skin went to gold and Plat).

zebano
08-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Well just broke 1600 a few hours ago, I don't have that many games under my belt this season (79 so far, trolls are OP making me lose placement matches :().

And I have a smurf 30 that I helped get Mal out of ELO hell with, I'd be more than happy to duo with you on that if you needed help doing the same as the sheer amount of troll at <1300 is still amazing to me lol.

Maybe the smurf makes a difference but man duo queue is 20x harder than solo queue IMO.

Kabob
08-30-2012, 02:12 PM
I got an email from Alienware, they're supposed to give away more Samurai Yi codes again today although I do not know when. Either way you have to have an account with them to get a code (which is difficult to sign up for when the servers are slammed).

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/league-of-legends-bundle-giveaway

*Edit* Nevermind, PAX doesn't officially start until tomorrow so the codes will probably start then.

Maleficus
08-30-2012, 03:12 PM
Maybe the smurf makes a difference but man duo queue is 20x harder than solo queue IMO.

nah, when there were no trolls, me and mystic rolled our games pretty ridiculously.

crownjules
08-30-2012, 04:13 PM

You get an ELO boost when you duo queue, so you're getting matched up with/against higher ELO players than when you solo. But that is hopefully countered by the fact that you have one less point of failure (AFKer, troll, bad player) on your team.

Also the PAX Arcade Sona skin looks awesome.

RPD
08-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Well that was a big ass patch. And ever since I've been having issues with my dual monitors. The game loading screen decides it wants to center itself right between both monitors... wth.

NikolaeVarius
08-31-2012, 12:04 AM
Going to start trying to Elo Farm. Any suggestions. I'm thinking me and Smash go duo bot lane. I really really like bot Cho support, if that makes any sense. Enough CC to keep people off your carry and can easily control dragon through Feast.

krnmastersgt
08-31-2012, 05:03 AM
nah, when there were no trolls, me and mystic rolled our games pretty ridiculously.

On both my accounts this was the case, we can play with everyone at our ELO fairly easily, but we can't be in every lane at once and there's usually 1 lane on our side that's struggling.

Going to start trying to Elo Farm. Any suggestions. I'm thinking me and Smash go duo bot lane. I really really like bot Cho support, if that makes any sense. Enough CC to keep people off your carry and can easily control dragon through Feast.

It definitely has some sense to it, problem is cho can't do much without some decent amount of farm so he's pretty useless mid-game unless he lands ruptures. Bear in mind though many people will dodge/troll when they see you on Cho calling support.

NikolaeVarius
08-31-2012, 10:19 AM
On both my accounts this was the case, we can play with everyone at our ELO fairly easily, but we can't be in every lane at once and there's usually 1 lane on our side that's struggling.

It definitely has some sense to it, problem is cho can't do much without some decent amount of farm so he's pretty useless mid-game unless he lands ruptures. Bear in mind though many people will dodge/troll when they see you on Cho calling support.

It was probably just successful because we went against some pretty bad players last night. Wrecked 5/0/something as support cho. Gave my AD carry a shit ton of farm because i cold deny the enemy corki all day. Didn't do much damage, but CC and dragon control gave us an easy win

crownjules
08-31-2012, 11:54 AM
Nunu likely would be a better support than Cho for your needs. Consume does more damage than Feast (it's just not champion targetable) in the early stages. Nunu's sustain doesn't require him to steal lots of CS. His has point-and-click CC that's also anti-AD. And his ult is pretty nasty in fights. And of course Blood Boil is a massive boost to your ADC's damage output.

Kabob
08-31-2012, 12:12 PM
Samurai Yi code giveaway @ alienware is going on now. They're going pretty fast.

crownjules
08-31-2012, 12:13 PM
In case anyone didn't see the patch notes yet -

PvP.net 1.66

You can now disable notifications by using the new “Notification Suppression” feature in the Options menu

League of Legends v1.0.0.146

Akali

Mark of the Assassin
Fixed: Now correctly grants the Energy return when the target is killed by the magic damage from her passive

Alistar

General
Base Movement Speed reduced to 300 from 305
Headbutt
Cast range reduced to 600 from 650

Corki

Hextech Shrapnel Shells
No longer benefits from critical strikes
Valkyrie
Cooldown increased to 26/23/20/17/14 seconds from 20/18/16/14/12
Missile Barrage
Charge time for missiles increased to 12 seconds from 10

Diana

General
Base Health Regen reduced to 7 from 10
Updated model and splash art for Dark Valkyrie Diana
Crescent Strike
Damage reduced to 70/110/150/190/230 from 80/125/170/215/260
Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.7 from 0.8
Pale Cascade
Damage per orb reduced to 20/34/48/62/76 from 20/36/52/68/84
Lunar Rush
Cooldown increased to 25/20/15 seconds from 20/16/12

Evelynn

Shadow Walk
Detection radius reduced to 700 from 750
Hate Spike
Mana cost reduced to 14/18/22/26/30 from 19/23/27/31/35
Dark Frenzy
While active, Evelynn now ignores unit collision
Cooldown reduced to 15 seconds from 20
Ravage
Cast range increased to 225 from 185
Agony's Embrace
Cooldown reduced to 120/90/60 seconds from 120/100/80

Ezreal

Mystic Shot
Mana cost reduced to 28/31/34/37/40 from 30/35/40/45/50
Essence Flux
Damage reduced to 70/115/160/205/250 from 80/130/180/230/280
Ability Power ratio increased to 0.8 from 0.7
Width reduced to 80 from 120

Gragas

Body Slam
Charge speed reduced to 900 from 1050
Mana cost increased to 75 from 50
Explosive Cask
Cooldown increased to 100/90/80 seconds from 90/75/60

Graves

General
Base Attack Speed reduced to 0.625 from 0.638
Quickdraw
Attack Speed reduced to 30/40/50/60/70% from 40/50/60/70/80%

Jarvan IV

Demacian Standard
When targeting a location outside of Demacian Standard’s range, Demacian Standard will now be cast at its maximum range in the direction of the targeted location

Karthus

Wall of Pain
No longer reduces Armor
Magic Resist reduction adjusted to 15% instead of flat 15/20/25/30/35

Katarina

Voracity
Cooldown reduction on kill or assist increased to 15 seconds from 10 seconds
Bouncing Blade
Base damage increased to 60/95/130/165/200 from 50/85/120/155/190
Ability Power Ratio decreased to 0.45 from 0.5
Mark detonation Ability Power ratio reduced to 0.15 from 0.2
Sinister Steel
Ability Power Ratio decreased to 0.25 from 0.3
Shunpo
Damage increased to 60/85/110/135/160 from 40/70/100/130/160
Cooldown reduced to 12/10.5/9/7.5/6 from 14/12/10/8/6
Fixed: Tooltip now states the correct Damage Reduction amount (15%, not 20%)

Mordekaiser

Increased the size of his model

Nunu

Ice Blast
Slow duration reduced to 3 seconds from 4

Rengar

Unseen Predator
Now leaps directly on top of the target instead of slightly behind them
Bola Strike
Fixed: Bola Strike will no longer fail to cast

Shen

Shadow Dash
Cooldown increased to 16/14/12/10/8 seconds from 10/9.5/9/8.5/8

Teemo

Toxic Shot
Fixed: Poison damage now works correctly at higher Attack Speeds

Twitch

Expunge
Base damage increased to 40/50/60/70/80 from 20/35/50/65/80
Mana cost reduced to 50/60/70/80/90 from 70/75/80/85/90
Spray and Pray
Reduced cast frame to make his attacks more responsive

Warwick

Fixed: Warwick's passive now has a buff icon, and will work properly on consecutive hits

Items

Abyssal Scepter
Aura range reduced to 600 from 1000
The following items will now display a targeting indicator to show whether you are placing a ward inside of a bush: Wriggle's Lantern, Vision Ward, and Sight Ward
The following items will now display their cooldown on the item itself, rather than with a buff: Maw of Malmortius, Hexdrinker, Banshee's Veil, Guardian Angel, Sheen, Lichbane, Trinity Force, Tear of the Goddess, Archangel's Staff, and Manamune
Fixed: Wards no longer list that they have 20 Attack Damage

With every patch, we strive to improve the look of the game in varying degrees. We recommend that you have the latest available video card drivers installed.

NikolaeVarius
08-31-2012, 01:25 PM
Nunu likely would be a better support than Cho for your needs. Consume does more damage than Feast (it's just not champion targetable) in the early stages. Nunu's sustain doesn't require him to steal lots of CS. His has point-and-click CC that's also anti-AD. And his ult is pretty nasty in fights. And of course Blood Boil is a massive boost to your ADC's damage output.

Feast 1000 true damage against monsters at level 1. Consume does not AND its champion targetable, which rips through carries.

Also AOE silence is really big and knockup + slow > Slow.

And Cho has a decent amount of built in sustain to keep up.

krnmastersgt
08-31-2012, 11:49 PM
Those are good comparison points to Cho, but the real reason that I find Nunu to be an absolute beast is Blood Boil, that just makes carries come alive if they have even a single AD item. His slow is also a target ability and lowers attack speed of the opposing carry in lane as well, and it's got a short enough CD to just keep someone slowed forever. Cho definitely has some uniquely good points but I'd still say Nunu is the safer pick if you trust your carry, at least Cho has nice base damage if your carry sucks :P

crownjules
09-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Geez, the Arcade Sona skins are selling on Ebay for $20+. Why would people buy that when it's in the Riot store for half that amount in RP? Anyone in here going and would be awesome enough to pick me one up? :)

NikolaeVarius
09-01-2012, 01:00 PM
I love how we went duo bottom with smash, and we had literally 4x the farm by 20 minutes. We had 160 minions to their 40 minions. We could kill the other lane on command.

Rest of the team died 40 times over the course of the game and we lost.

This includes a cho that went 1/10 with fucking battlecast Cho. And in a previous game a Arcade Sona that manged to die 19 times with 12 assist.

Why does this game do this to me. Gained 50 Elo effortlessly last night, immediately lost half of it.

Maleficus
09-01-2012, 03:51 PM
this is the problem with stacking your duo in 1 lane, you need to command the game from the beginning, utterly destroy your lane then immediately go and start saving the other lanes without losing the adv of your lane. you need to be everywhere all the time.

krnmastersgt
09-01-2012, 05:07 PM
this is the problem with stacking your duo in 1 lane, you need to command the game from the beginning, utterly destroy your lane then immediately go and start saving the other lanes without losing the adv of your lane. you need to be everywhere all the time.

Yeah I used to run duos with a friend, and I never EVER lost my bot lane during our games together. You need to start roaming and making life difficult for the other lanes, especially ones where your teammate is losing. Otherwise you'll push uncontested at bot for a while and then be facing off an equally farmed top and mid lane together and things just go downhill fast.

NikolaeVarius
09-03-2012, 11:53 AM
I've gotten good results on slowly climbing the ELO ladder. Gained 100 Elo in a day. Then lost about 30 from bad teams. I'm still above 1100 elo though, and will shoot for 1200 this week.

IAteYourMother
09-03-2012, 04:25 PM
I just learned that Pendragon_ is the community manager for LoL? It's funny because I remmeber playing a couple Inhouse Dota games with him on Ventrilo when I was in high school (circa 2006?) Small world.

krnmastersgt
09-03-2012, 05:04 PM
I just learned that Pendragon_ is the community manager for LoL? It's funny because I remmeber playing a couple Inhouse Dota games with him on Ventrilo when I was in high school (circa 2006?) Small world.

Him and Guinsoo both started at Riot when it was still developing LoL, hence Guinsoo's Rageblade.

thejunglegod
09-03-2012, 11:53 PM
I was so psyched when i hit 30 around a couple days back so that i could jump into ranked. Pfffffffffffffffffff
16 chars??? i only own 7 :( and with 450 ip in the bank i've got ways to go before i can join in. FML. I think i may have to shell out some dough to speed things up further.

Maleficus
09-04-2012, 01:14 AM
I was so psyched when i hit 30 around a couple days back so that i could jump into ranked. Pfffffffffffffffffff
16 chars??? i only own 7 :( and with 450 ip in the bank i've got ways to go before i can join in. FML. I think i may have to shell out some dough to speed things up further.

don't do it, it's a trap.

keep building chars, find ones you like, get gud, then get trolled in ranked like the rest of us. winning those placement matches is absolutely necessary.

thejunglegod
09-04-2012, 01:31 AM
don't do it, it's a trap. keep building chars, find ones you like, get gud, then get trolled in ranked like the rest of us. winning those placement matches is absolutely necessary.

Hmm thought as much. Damn, this is more farming than i had to in WOW. I don't even have enough ip to get runes for an alternate build for my main - AP Kog. Guessi'll have to keep playing more matches. Thanks.

Mopetar
09-04-2012, 02:29 AM
Anyone here jungle Udyr at all? I recently picked him up and have been having an absolute blast with him. He clears fast, is pretty tanky, and with bear stance you can gank pretty easily. Does he have any real downsides beyond lack of built-in escape mechanism?

krnmastersgt
09-04-2012, 02:40 AM
Anyone here jungle Udyr at all? I recently picked him up and have been having an absolute blast with him. He clears fast, is pretty tanky, and with bear stance you can gank pretty easily. Does he have any real downsides beyond lack of built-in escape mechanism?

Lack of gapclose, has no ranged ability to poke or harass, skillset doesn't deliver much in terms of damage compared to many other junglers, once he falls behind he stays behind.

That being said if he can get off a few ganks before 5-6 then he should be rock solid for the entire game, got great mid-game damage output if he can get his HoG and Philo quickly so that he has Wit's End before 20 minutes.

Fenixgoon
09-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Lack of gapclose, has no ranged ability to poke or harass, skillset doesn't deliver much in terms of damage compared to many other junglers, once he falls behind he stays behind.

That being said if he can get off a few ganks before 5-6 then he should be rock solid for the entire game, got great mid-game damage output if he can get his HoG and Philo quickly so that he has Wit's End before 20 minutes.

that can be said of plenty of champs. udyr is a pretty solid jungle. and he can be downright scary sometimes since turtle stance can let him be super tanky.

can't remember if anyone played him at the NA regionals this weekend though.

EDUSAN
09-04-2012, 09:12 AM
udyr is easy in jungle, but its hard to master when ganking... later on, if you built him tanky enough he can just do whatever he pleases and go wherever he pleases (like mundo) and cant be killed and cant be catched :P

but he is a pain to play with in the beginning.

So... i got 4 friends and we made a ranked team for a tournament that is being done in here. I got to play solo top, but i never really played any spot for a long time before so i have like a couple champs in each position...

What are the champions doing TOP effectively nowadays?
I only play Yorick, yesterday i played Olaf and was great. I play Riven too but i find her too squishy at the beginning against some matchups.

What champs are a MUST HAVE when doing TOP?

crownjules
09-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Jax, Vlad, Rumble, Shen (if he's not banned) are some other common top picks.

NikolaeVarius
09-04-2012, 10:02 AM
udyr is easy in jungle, but its hard to master when ganking... later on, if you built him tanky enough he can just do whatever he pleases and go wherever he pleases (like mundo) and cant be killed and cant be catched :P

but he is a pain to play with in the beginning.

So... i got 4 friends and we made a ranked team for a tournament that is being done in here. I got to play solo top, but i never really played any spot for a long time before so i have like a couple champs in each position...

What are the champions doing TOP effectively nowadays?
I only play Yorick, yesterday i played Olaf and was great. I play Riven too but i find her too squishy at the beginning against some matchups.

What champs are a MUST HAVE when doing TOP?

Riven is not a squishy top champion by any means. She can duel with almost any champion top and win, save for like 4 champions that are perfectly managable if you just farm.

EDUSAN
09-04-2012, 10:14 AM
it was agaisnt an akali...we went even in trades the first levels....but i ended up losing since her cooldowns are shorter...

Jax is being played top? that is weird...isnt he pretty weak early game? i should try (and buy) rumble i guess

I have seen some jayce going top...its a nice alternative to have 2 ranged ad

NikolaeVarius
09-04-2012, 10:20 AM
it was agaisnt an akali...we went even in trades the first levels....but i ended up losing since her cooldowns are shorter...

Jax is being played top? that is weird...isnt he pretty weak early game? i should try (and buy) rumble i guess

I have seen some jayce going top...its a nice alternative to have 2 ranged ad

Riven is a ridiculously strong hard counter to akali. An EXTREMELY hard counter. At level 6, you can kill her in one combo.

Jax is extremely strong throughout the game. He is a champion that deals tons of DPS and is very tanky with very few items.

Jayce is best as an top AD bruiser. not a ranged AD. His ranged attacks are only harass, during a fight, he should be in melee mode.

imported_Computer MAn
09-04-2012, 02:20 PM

He doesn't really fit the support jungle style that has come into prevalence lately. There just isn't enough gold in the jungle to keep your damage viable so you mainly become a stun bot late game. You will notice a lot of the jungles that are popular today have strong initiates late game so that their damage doesn't need to be relevant. Udyr lacks the initiate of Malphite and Ammumu and doesn't have the utility of Nunu.

As it was posted in here as well Udyr lacks a gap closer which gives him a lot of problems with the popular champions. Orianna, Gragas, Jayce, Jax, Corki, Ezreal, Graves, Riven are all played extensively in solo queue, have reliable escapes, and Udyr has no real way to catch up to them.

krnmastersgt
09-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Darius is a pretty solid top once you get used to him, has bad match-ups but he doesn't stay behind very long if you know what you're doing. Almost no one can fight you at level 6 and win a trade if you properly utilize the spin.

Jax is very strong if he can get an early lead, if you really want to use Jax top get your jungle to level 2-4 gank it more than once, once you've established a good lead it's almost impossible to lose the lane unless you don't ward for the opposing jungle.

Riven is a very VERY strong top, but you have to be aggressive with her otherwise most tops will just poke you and force you out of the lane. At level 3 you should have 1 rank in everything and be harassing the hell out of them: Q onto them, hit W, get an auto off, then E away.

Lee Sin is also one of my favorite tops, he can deal with most champs but you have to play him a lot to get used to top laning him well.

There's also the recently popular AP Nunu top, due to his kit he's almost impossible for every champ to lane against him. Unless you possess the ability to kill him from full hp in 1-2 rounds of burst he will likely just outharass you and then heal right back up again.

I would recommend against Jayce, he's got incredibly strong laning but unless he cements a HUGE lead he can't do much in teamfights compared to the other bruisers.

Irelia is also an excellent top laner, don't underestimate how much rank 3 W does at level 5 because it is quite a bit of true damage and healing.

Firsttime
09-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Udyr is awesome. He's like Shyvanna, he's a clear jungler with slightly weak ganks against lanes with no cc. He is great at ganking lanes with a little bit of setup though. Bear stance is solid. He's a really good counter jungleler too. In organizedish play there are junglers who don't focus on lanes but on setting the other jungle behind or outscaling them. Udyr is one of those.

I'm in love with speedfarming Sunfire/Abyssal junglers right now. Amumu/Maphite being the best of those. I like killing things and massive combos. Also Nautalis. But he's more Frozen Heart/Abyssal.

I've been playing jungle almost exclusively for the past few months. It's a lot of fun. You get to focus on outplaying their whole team. It gets exponentially more fun the more people you have on vent and can coordinate things with.

crownjules
09-04-2012, 06:01 PM
New pricing annoucements:

Garen is being reduced to 450IP and 260RP.
Caitlin and Maokai are both being reduced to 4800IP and 790RP.

Also, for the next six days they're doubling the bonus amount of RP you get when purchasing RP (ex. $10 will get you 1460 up from 1380). They are also adding in a new $100 RP purchase option which will get you 13K + 2K (17K total with the bonus).

thejunglegod
09-05-2012, 01:18 AM
^^ Nice. Ideal time to spend some moolah i guess. I've been wanting a skin for my Kogmaw since a long time.

HumblePie
09-05-2012, 03:52 AM
Hey guys, been playing again off and on. Took a hiatus to play Secret World and am still playing a bit of Guild Wars 2.

Ran across this interesting read.

http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/a-different-view/gentleman-gustaf/21500-gaming-like-a-gentleman-elo-hell

Which also links to 5hitcombo's post about no elo hell. The problem I find with their whole argument for no elo hell is they fail to take into consideration the two major components of WHY people have elo hell.

What is elo hell? being stuck at an elo level where as a player you are probably a lot better than. Both article make mention that some games, no matter how good you are as a player, are completely un-winnable and can not be carried. But their biggest argument for no elo hell is that as you increase your elo level, not only are your team mates better, but so are your opponents. Which is a very true statement to a degree.

They just fail to address the main concerns about WHY there is an elo hell. These are my argument points to elo hell.

1) Amount of games played.

A person with high elo is going to typically have tons of games played in ranked. Hundreds if not thousands. This also lends credence to that fact that these people play often enough to have a lot of practice. Which is true. However, the game mechanics are in themselves quiet simple for the vast majority of champs and team comps. A person does not really need 100 games per champion to master the game mechanics. Not at all. Even they mention that in the articles. The argument I have in regards to games is not everyone who is good CAN dedicate 10 hours of gaming to ranked games day in and day out. Why is that needed? The more games you play, the better your chance of having more wins over losses. Not to mention the match making system is a bit better in matching up your next game based off your most recent string as other similar players are currently also playing.

The problem comes in for elo hell where good players can only play 1 or 2 rank games every so often. The match making system tries to match you up with others of a similar elo as well as match people on winning streaks with people on losing streaks. A good player on a losing streak playing several games in a row will eventually be matched up with current players on winning streaks that are also recent. That does NOT happen as nicely when a person can only play every so often. The system may not match you up correctly because of that.

2) True solo versus duo/solo.

The casual good or even great player may only be able to do an actual SOLO ranked game here or there. While someone playing 10 hours is more likely to have a good friend to duo with. Duoing makes a HUGE impact on games won over a long stretch of time. 2 good players on a team every time stacks the odds on winning over 1 for sure good player.

3) Being on a team of like minded players actually trying to EARN elo.

This mindset is significantly different at higher versus lower elos. The higher you go, the more likely players on both teams are actually going to play for 20 minute games. Why? It's MUCH better to play for a 20 minute game than an hour long game win or lose. Players going for 20 minute games are going to play 3 games in that same space and are more likely to win 2 out 3 in that time frame. Playing shorter games and making those decisive is massive to gaining elo. Lower elo players just rarely get this concept. At the 20 minute mark your team is either winning decisively or surrender. Period. Once you are the lower end of the elo spectrum, most players would rather play out a losing game for an hour than just move on even if they know they will lose. Many do it to be spiteful. Again, I'm not saying that there can't be a comeback win. I'm just saying it's pointless. Why waste an hour or more on a comeback win, when you could just take 1 loss and have a higher chance of 2 or more wins in that same time frame the 1 come back win took? You'll earn far more elo over all with that mindset than the one of trying to play out every game to a prolonged conclusion.

4) Early elo makes a HUGE difference.

Those starting ranked for the first time are going to get massive elo gains. If you are a good player and starting ranked, you have a greater chance of winning a few games in a row to garner a very high elo level. 10 wins off the bat from scratch will put you over 1800+ elo. A player with 400 wins and 400 losses doing a 10 game win streak will still be at most 1300ish elo. Once you've gained a good amount of elo, a single loss here or there won't subtract as much.

And therein lies the biggest problems with elo hell. There are a few more minor nitpicks, like the match making system and what elo is all based off on that also contributes to elo hell, but not as much. Basically you could be one of the games best players, but if you got a really bad start with a large losing streak when starting rank due to un-winnable games you may be stuck permanently in elo hell. More so if that same great player can only play very casually and rarely are able to duo over solo.

krnmastersgt
09-05-2012, 05:28 AM
Just to counter that argument Humble, a few pro tier players have actually intentionally thrown games on alts and such to drop to extremely low ELOs (<200 for Jaximus) and then shown its possible to solo your way back up into contention.

I also don't think there is an ELO hell, but there is a higher likelyhood of a leaver/troll popping up the lower in ELO you go, although I am only talking from 1200+ games as I've always been above that on my accounts.

I'm too busy playing GW2 lately to grind any ELO :P

thejunglegod
09-05-2012, 05:40 AM
a few pro tier players have actually intentionally thrown games on alts and such to drop to extremely low ELOs (<200 for Jaximus) and then shown its possible to solo your way back up into contention.

Aren't these trolls too if they're throwing away games?

And damn! I totall forgot about the GW2 release :(

krnmastersgt
09-05-2012, 06:09 AM
Aren't these trolls too if they're throwing away games?

And damn! I totall forgot about the GW2 release :(

Yes it is, it sucked for the people that had them in the game.

thejunglegod
09-05-2012, 07:00 AM
Yes it is, it sucked for the people that had them in the game.

Those must be some seriously pissed off people. Throwing away ranked games :O

Firsttime
09-05-2012, 07:06 AM
Back when you could que dodge and loose Elo they just did that. I wasn't aware people actually went to the effort now to loose games to get low elo.

But yeah. High rated players have shown time and time again that if there is an Elo hell it isn't very extreme. You may be able to keep up with 1400 players and be stuck in the 1300's. But there aren't any 2k players languishing in the 800's.

ImpulsE69
09-05-2012, 09:57 AM
They also proved in doing that that 1 or 2 people CAN throw a game for everyone else, which is mostly "elo hell" is. It happens so often its rediculous.

Assume that the teams are evenly matched, statistically the team with 5 people playing vs 4 should win no matter what. Now consider that teams are rarely evenly matched and you are on the "low end" team and you are down 1 or 2 people. You stand very little chance to win. The character that is afk can make a big shift in this as well. Some won't matter as much as others and depending on who's fed or isn't. If you have no pusher, and they have a strong pusher or 2, etc etc.

Dragging out a game to an hour can make the difference because of the long death times. I've brought games back from nexus this way. It's slow and boring..but it does work. Not sure it's worth the effort though.

HumblePie
09-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Just to counter that argument Humble, a few pro tier players have actually intentionally thrown games on alts and such to drop to extremely low ELOs (<200 for Jaximus) and then shown its possible to solo your way back up into contention.

I also don't think there is an ELO hell, but there is a higher likelyhood of a leaver/troll popping up the lower in ELO you go, although I am only talking from 1200+ games as I've always been above that on my accounts.

I'm too busy playing GW2 lately to grind any ELO :P

A couple of them did that with alt accounts. Yes. But even on those alt accounts they never got that high on their elo like their main. Higher than 1300 for sure though. But every single time I saw that, want to know how they did that?

1) Douing with someone else good. Not a single one of the ones I know or heard about got out of that low elo completely alone.

2) Playing a massive amount of games for extended stretches of time. Not a single one of them played a game or 2 a day and then stopped to wait to try the next day.

3) They played massively aggressive games to either win at the 20 minute mark or massively throw games. St Viscious was either dominating for example with 20+ kills or losing spectacularly with 20+ deaths when he did that. He would do it to get the games over with sooner.

Those are the main things which cause elo hell for good players. Those exact key points. A good player with another person they can duo with and plenty of time to play a ton of games will pull out of a low elo eventually is EXACTLY my argument.

Kabob
09-05-2012, 11:14 AM
New pricing annoucements:

Garen is being reduced to 450IP and 260RP.
Caitlin and Maokai are both being reduced to 4800IP and 790RP.

Also, for the next six days they're doubling the bonus amount of RP you get when purchasing RP (ex. $10 will get you 1460 up from 1380). They are also adding in a new $100 RP purchase option which will get you 13K + 2K (17K total with the bonus).

Interesting that they're creating a new 790 RP price point, hopefully all the 4800 IP champs will drop there.

I saw someone mention a good idea a few weeks ago, considering how many champs there are and how slowly their prices drop Riot should permanently drop the price of one older champion every time they release a new one. Just go in the order they were released in or something but still charging 6300 IP for Vlad, Ezreal, and Kog'Maw is (IMHO) kinda silly considering how long they've been out. All of 'em have been out longer than Maokai.

I also don't like how when they first started discounting champions the drop was 6300 IP to 3150 and suddenly it was only down to 4800. :(

NikolaeVarius
09-05-2012, 11:30 AM
I don't really believe in an Elo hell myself. Yes there are troll games, and yes there are games that are more or less unsalvagable, but I've been elo grinding from about 1000 elo for about 3 days and I've gotten to 1150 pretty easily, with massive winning streaks, and a couple of bad games from bad team mates. I'm at 48 wins and 48 losses after being over 15 wins down 4 days ago, and I'm trying very hard to climb up the ranks.

The thing is that simply, the only way to win games is to force your damn team to DO things. Every single game, I find myself giving non stop orders. Mostly along the lines of "GET THE FUCK TO BARON, HOLY FUCK" and "5 BOT PUSH THE OTHER FUCKING LANES AND GET THE FUCKING TOWER" and the one I tend to use the most "GROUP THE FUCK UP AT MID AND PUSH WITH US YOU FUCKS"

Yes I've had games where a team mate feeds 20 kills to their AD carry and if they have some ward placement, they can easily rip through us. Those games tend to be unsalvagable.

But then there are games where we are 10 down at 15 minutes, and I have to start yelling to get people to do things. Get dragon, get wards, focus the damn fucking AD carry and stop attacking the damn Garen.

Champions of Choice are - Riven Top, Lee Sin Jungle, Nunu Bot.

As you can see, aside from nunu, Riven and Lee Sin can easily snowball and start wrecking the other team. Some personal skill, and working really really really hard to force your team to do objectives seems to be the best way to win.

HumblePie
09-05-2012, 12:11 PM
I don't really believe in an Elo hell myself. Yes there are troll games, and yes there are games that are more or less unsalvagable, but I've been elo grinding from about 1000 elo for about 3 days and I've gotten to 1150 pretty easily, with massive winning streaks, and a couple of bad games from bad team mates. I'm at 48 wins and 48 losses after being over 15 wins down 4 days ago, and I'm trying very hard to climb up the ranks.

The thing is that simply, the only way to win games is to force your damn team to DO things. Every single game, I find myself giving non stop orders. Mostly along the lines of "GET THE FUCK TO BARON, HOLY FUCK" and "5 BOT PUSH THE OTHER FUCKING LANES AND GET THE FUCKING TOWER" and the one I tend to use the most "GROUP THE FUCK UP AT MID AND PUSH WITH US YOU FUCKS"

Yes I've had games where a team mate feeds 20 kills to their AD carry and if they have some ward placement, they can easily rip through us. Those games tend to be unsalvagable.

But then there are games where we are 10 down at 15 minutes, and I have to start yelling to get people to do things. Get dragon, get wards, focus the damn fucking AD carry and stop attacking the damn Garen.

As you can see, aside from nunu, Riven and Lee Sin can easily snowball and start wrecking the other team. Some personal skill, and working really really really hard to force your team to do objectives seems to be the best way to win.

All good things. But you are talking about play style where I am not. Play a few more games as "casual" ranked without extended play times and you'll see what I mean. I once had a HORRIBLE losing streak in ranked games. Why? I only did 1 ranked game a night every night. Every time I did a ranked game for 10 games straight I had a leaver from the get go. 10 games straight it was a 4v5. Sometimes a 3v5.

How did I go from that crappy 900 elo back to 1315? I grinded it out. I setup a weekend to play 10+ games straight a minimum each day until I got back.

Once you reach a certain level of game mastery, the only real things holding a player down in low elo are those I mentioned in my previous post.

ImpulsE69
09-05-2012, 12:24 PM
You're leaving out the fact that when you start out down 1 the mentality of the team changes and you are almost guaranteed at least 1 more afk's or something that adds to the already unbalanced game. Chances of a 4v5 win at the 20minute mark are pretty low. By that time someone will be spamming the surrender button even if you're ahead. You can only truly control yourself, there are still 4 other people you have to deal with. That alone takes much of the "skill" and throws it out the window. You can't be everywhere. If the said person is truly that good, and trolling didn't impact games, then they'd never be that low ELO to begin with. (hence throwing games just to get lower).

There's a big difference between people who have a bad game, and people who are trolling. 5 people trying is much better than 3 people trying while 2 purposely feed or afk.

Also, in terms of "elo hell" it has more to do with the area where the likelyhood that players actually care about winning takes place. When I'm being placed with people who have 5-10 wins I have to question Riots matchmaking when the other team is all in the 100-200 win range. Unless those 5-10 win ppl are trolling, they are almost guaranteed to be much less skilled than the opposing team. This happens on a regular basis. Even so, if they are trying, you stand a chance, even if they are feeding.

zebano
09-05-2012, 12:48 PM

Are you implying that Nunu doesn't snowball???? For shame Nik

zebano
09-05-2012, 02:31 PM
For those of you that use lolking I've found a site that collates 5 peoples information at once... here's one of my ranked teams..

http://elophant.com/?teamId=XRE4AB

Not sure it's all that useful in solo queue unless someone writes a screen scraper to get the player names in there fast but it's interesting.

NikolaeVarius
09-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Are you implying that Nunu doesn't snowball???? For shame Nik

It's an ice ball, not a snow ball.

zebano
09-05-2012, 05:01 PM
It's an ice ball, not a snow ball.

Bah now you're implying that the snowballs I threw at my brothers growing up weren't 90% ice. snowball == iceball
it is known.

thejunglegod
09-10-2012, 02:30 AM
I want to suggest a Chat option during the load screen , so you can chit-chat about strategies or praise/trash a loading screen character skin etc. Atleast then, i wouldn't alt-tab out whilst loading.

nanobreath
09-10-2012, 10:11 AM
I want to suggest a Chat option during the load screen , so you can chit-chat about strategies or praise/trash a loading screen character skin etc. Atleast then, i wouldn't alt-tab out whilst loading.

This is what voice chat is for!

Chiropteran
09-10-2012, 10:18 AM
I'd like to see "solo queue mode". You pick your champion mysteries etc and queue in. You don't see or know your team until the game is loaded. There is no team chat, no all chat. Only the option to ping once in awhile.

No rage, no trolling, no debates about what roles people play. Yeah, you would see some goofy teams occasionally if 3 supports randomly get put on the same team, but the matchmaking can equalize such things and if you end up with a silly composition your opponents probably have one also.

NikolaeVarius
09-10-2012, 10:18 AM
I no longer believe in good or evil, just decent players and absolute shit players who refuse to listen to instructions.

I'm hitting this wall at 1160 where as soon as I hit that ELO, I get hit with 2 teams in a row who apparently have no idea how to play anymore and get bumped back down 30 points. Best one was the one that fed lee sin 8 kills in the first 7 minutes. How that is possible, I have no idea, he was 4 levels ahead of me 15 minutes in. Apparently, LS ganking with red at level 2 is some sort of brand new meta no one has ever though of before.

Awesome.

festa_freak
09-10-2012, 12:28 PM
I'd like to see "solo queue mode". You pick your champion mysteries etc and queue in. You don't see or know your team until the game is loaded. There is no team chat, no all chat. Only the option to ping once in awhile.

No rage, no trolling, no debates about what roles people play. Yeah, you would see some goofy teams occasionally if 3 supports randomly get put on the same team, but the matchmaking can equalize such things and if you end up with a silly composition your opponents probably have one also.

That's an interesting idea. You could tick a box that said whether you were going tank or AD or AP (for those hybrid champions) and the game could match you up with champs who complement you. I'm not sure on the limited communication but the other ideas could work.

Don't get me wrong, I hate 63% of this community.

thejunglegod
09-11-2012, 01:37 AM
That's an interesting idea. You could tick a box that said whether you were going tank or AD or AP (for those hybrid champions) and the game could match you up with champs who complement you.

You mean like LFG for WOW??? That could actually work and wouldnt be a bad idea. It will cut down on experminentation though and all matchups will seem a little generic IMO.

EDUSAN
09-11-2012, 08:24 AM
i seem to be the only player that is not able to finish 1238219031/1/0 with Darius.

:S

festa_freak
09-11-2012, 08:59 AM
i seem to be the only player that is not able to finish 1238219031/1/0 with Darius.

I've never played as him but you need to master the skill of KSing.

NikolaeVarius
09-11-2012, 09:04 AM

I hold the position that Darius is among one of the worst designed champions in the game. He has obscene burst, amazing sustained damage due to his passive which does incredible amounts of damage, and his only flaw is lack of a real escape, which isn't an issue if you don't push much, and in team fights, it matters much less.

He's like Vayne in which, even if you do TERRIBLY, suddenly mid game, you do some obscene amount of damage and kill multiple people in a row. It's ridiculous how the ult can do 700 true damage without even trying around level 8. That's half of most champions health.

It's just stupid. If he is even slightly tanky, he can annihilate most champions.

EDUSAN
09-11-2012, 09:08 AM

haha yeah... his ult is the ultimate KSing skill

krnmastersgt
09-11-2012, 01:29 PM
I hold the position that Darius is among one of the worst designed champions in the game. He has obscene burst, amazing sustained damage due to his passive which does incredible amounts of damage, and his only flaw is lack of a real escape, which isn't an issue if you don't push much, and in team fights, it matters much less.

He's like Vayne in which, even if you do TERRIBLY, suddenly mid game, you do some obscene amount of damage and kill multiple people in a row. It's ridiculous how the ult can do 700 true damage without even trying around level 8. That's half of most champions health.

It's just stupid. If he is even slightly tanky, he can annihilate most champions.

It's not just lack of escape, he has a mobility problem in general. That being said if you're stupid enough to keep running into him face first you're going to have a bad time.

He's got quite a few issues in lane, and when he has a bad match-up he's pretty boned unless the opponent is stupid, but he does have some pretty potent burst damage early on. He really needs a Shurelya's for any serious mid-game pressure unless the enemy team isn't paying attention/warding OR if he just went stupid tanky early on and can just in someone else's lane.

I no longer believe in good or evil, just decent players and absolute shit players who refuse to listen to instructions.

I'm hitting this wall at 1160 where as soon as I hit that ELO, I get hit with 2 teams in a row who apparently have no idea how to play anymore and get bumped back down 30 points. Best one was the one that fed lee sin 8 kills in the first 7 minutes. How that is possible, I have no idea, he was 4 levels ahead of me 15 minutes in. Apparently, LS ganking with red at level 2 is some sort of brand new meta no one has ever though of before.

Awesome.

If you need a duo to help get you out of there, I'm usually available (and usually on GW2 nowadays :P).

zebano
09-11-2012, 02:40 PM
It's not just lack of escape, he has a mobility problem in general. That being said if you're stupid enough to keep running into him face first you're going to have a bad time.

He's got quite a few issues in lane, and when he has a bad match-up he's pretty boned unless the opponent is stupid, but he does have some pretty potent burst damage early on. He really needs a Shurelya's for any serious mid-game pressure unless the enemy team isn't paying attention/warding OR if he just went stupid tanky early on and can just in someone else's lane.

If you need a duo to help get you out of there, I'm usually available (and usually on GW2 nowadays :P).

The only nerf I would offer to Darius would be a narrower cone for his hook. It feels impossible to juke right now. Other than that I have no real problem with him.

NikolaeVarius
09-11-2012, 02:53 PM

I'm not sure mobility is that big of an issue in any non chase fights. His little leash thingy is pretty damn annoying because the leash animation and the actual leash range is extremely off. It always has about 10 % more range than the animation would show. Anyway, its kind of inevitable that you are going to have to fight him every once in a while. and if he hits that q on you, you're going to be locked in that fight unless you burn a summoner, because he gets a speed boost, you get slowed, he can also drag you to him and if he has phage, good luck with that.

Sure he can get hard countered in lane, but get some tanky items, and a damage item or two, he suddenly can flash onto your squishy, bring them down to half health, and then ult doing 800 true damage, and then the ult is already back up to kill the second squishy.

It's just obnoxious.

I do have a duo partner, and we work fairly well together. I just don't get what suddenly happened. We had like a 17 game streak with only 2 losses, the BOOM prudently the teams we are put with suddenly stop knowing how to play. Losing a 18/2 game as Lee Sin is NOT fun when you initiate with baron buff against a team that is uncoordinated, and 3 other members of your team just...run and farm.

Why

ImpulsE69
09-11-2012, 03:39 PM
I do have a duo partner, and we work fairly well together. I just don't get what suddenly happened. We had like a 17 game streak with only 2 losses, the BOOM prudently the teams we are put with suddenly stop knowing how to play. Losing a 18/2 game as Lee Sin is NOT fun when you initiate with baron buff against a team that is uncoordinated, and 3 other members of your team just...run and farm.

Why

I've had the same issue, I was climbing climbing, and suddenly boom...dropping dropping...and never stopping. :/ I've had some horrible personal games as well in that time, but even when I do extrememely well (17/2 for example) the rest of the team sucks and we lose anyway. I just don't care what anyone says, personal skill will only get you so far in this game.

thejunglegod
09-12-2012, 02:18 AM
just don't care what anyone says, personal skill will only get you so far in this game.

Yep. That is why the game gets frustrating. When you're holding up your lane well and you keep listening to "An ally has been slain" over and over again. It just fcks you up so bad. Then you realize that the enemy team is up 10 to our 1 and you just feel like killing yourself.
LOL is the purest form of team based gameplay.

Fenixgoon
09-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Yep. That is why the game gets frustrating. When you're holding up your lane well and you keep listening to "An ally has been slain" over and over again. It just fcks you up so bad. Then you realize that the enemy team is up 10 to our 1 and you just feel like killing yourself.
LOL is the purest form of team based gameplay.

heh i was playing riven top and getting owned by a yorick. but he never participated in any teamfights - it was always 4v4 and my team came out ahead every time. so his team ended up losing in the end. i was glad i got carried :D

EDUSAN
09-12-2012, 01:25 PM
yeah...thats the issue with solotop in most matches... they are completely forgotten until mid-late game hahaha

There should be something like dragon (that is not AS important and hard to get as baron) on the top side of the map that would make both teams want to go to that part from time to time :P

solotop... forever alone (with a visit from time to time from the jungler)

Fenixgoon
09-12-2012, 01:28 PM
yeah...thats the issue with solotop in most matches... they are completely forgotten until mid-late game hahaha

There should be something like dragon (that is not AS important and hard to get as baron) on the top side of the map that would make both teams want to go to that part from time to time :P

solotop... forever alone (with a visit from time to time from the jungler)

there's this guy called Baron Nashor...you may have heard of him :P

EDUSAN
09-12-2012, 01:32 PM
As i said... top is forgotten until mid-late game... and that is when you do nashor (unless you are super pro and force/do nashor before the 20min mark)

krnmastersgt
09-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Actually top should be able to roam to the Dragon when it's time to force a fight there, hence one of the other reasons why Shen is so popular since he can stay in his lane but then port into the Dragon fight resulting in push pressure as well as presence in the team fight.

And as fun as it is to just sit and farm in top lane all day, you should be doing everything you can to put the enemy team behind and your team ahead whenever possible. When Shyvana was a popular top a common tactic was to shove the lane into their tower then go counter jungle. Tops also commonly gank mid, or lane gank bot when their opposing tower is already down and they want to put on pressure.

The only lane I think that should sit there and just focus on farming more than participating in teamfights often is the AD carry, simply because it takes the longest to seriously build up but once fully item'd (or at least a few good ones) is the most serious threat on any team.

EDUSAN
09-12-2012, 02:51 PM
not saying i dont do that... but normally its hard without losing a bit. Cause if you push your lane to go gank mid and the gank is unsucessfull the other top player might get that bit ahead of you that its important in a (mostly) 1v1 dueling little game that happens there. And there is a tiny window to go do dragon when you are on top cause its so far away that the other top player might as well push hard as soon as he sees you there and take the whole tower by itself.

but of course, im not pro solotop player. I just started to focus hard on that role since last week.

HumblePie
09-12-2012, 06:22 PM
This was sooo funny something that happened last night. I was watching Phantoml0rd stream. He was douing with someone that paid to play a ranked game with him. The guy took Jax top against Jayce. Needless to say the guy got hammered by Jayce. In the web chat discussion was all the rage about how jayce is the most OP top. I said he's not and everyone asked who would be able to beat him. I said Yorick easily. They were all, no way Jayce would be a hard counter to Yorick.

I was like, umm no, jayce has nothing on Yorick. On top of that, he's easy to beat if you know how to. Just stand to the side of the minion wave and semi close to him. Look for where he aims his acceleration gate. If it's at you, then dodge it. If it's at minion wave, step through the gate if you can and take the hit BEFORE it goes through the gate. It completely fucks him over. Jayce has no inherent sustain over Yorick and not the most spammable of abilities either. Very easy to zone him out early and hard.

I was called a noob and several people asked for my Elo and that if I wasn't over 2K elo my assertions were worthless. I said, Elo doesn't matter in this case as that is just the facts of the matchup. I also stated I've GONE up against a Jayce top player that was 2.3ishK elo and beat his butt down in normal game even when he was getting ganks. They didn't believe me and said I was lying out my ass.

That's when I noticed the guy playing Jayce on the stream WAS the guy I had beat down before. I also realized the guy friended me after the game too because he was seriously impressed with my Yorick play top despite my elo. I then messaged him to tell PhantomLord I said "wuzzup" from the the chat room, and tell the people in phantoml0rd chat room that TerribleGuy is right. I beat him, a 2.3ishK elo player, as yorick, and that jayce is hard countered by Yorick.

LOL, the chat room got quiet after that :)

Kabob
09-12-2012, 09:15 PM
This was sooo funny something that happened last night. I was watching Phantoml0rd stream. He was douing with someone that paid to play a ranked game with him. The guy took Jax top against Jayce. Needless to say the guy got hammered by Jayce. In the web chat discussion was all the rage about how jayce is the most OP top. I said he's not and everyone asked who would be able to beat him. I said Yorick easily. They were all, no way Jayce would be a hard counter to Yorick.

I was like, umm no, jayce has nothing on Yorick. On top of that, he's easy to bat if you know how to. Just stand to the side of the minion wave and semi close to him. Look for where he aims his acceleration gate. If it's at you, then dodge it. If it's at minion wave, step through the gate if you can and take the hit BEFORE it goes through the gate. It completely fucks him over. Jayce has no inherent sustain over Yorick and not the most spammable of abilities either. Very easy to zone him out early and hard.

I was called a noob and several people asked for my Elo and that if I wasn't over 2K elo my assertions were worthless. I said, Elo doesn't matter in this case as that is just the facts of the matchup. I also stated I've GONE up against a Jayec top player that was 2.3K elo and beat his butt down in normal game even when he was getting ganks. They didn't believe me and said I was lying out my ass.

That's when I noticed the guy playing Jayce on the stream WAS the guy I had beat down before. I also realized the guy friended me after the game too because he was seriously impressed with my Yorick play top despite my elo. I then messaged him to tell PhantomLord I said "wuzzup" from the the chat room, and tell the people in phantoml0rd chat room that TerribleGuy is right. I beat him a 2.4K elo player as yorick and that jayce is hard countered by Yorick.

LOL the chat room got quiet after that :)

Haha, that's awesome!

Mid-Sept patch notes:

PvP.net 1.67

Players may now create up to 20 mastery pages, up from 10.

League of Legends v1.0.0.147

Syndra, the Dark Sovereign
Transcendent (Passive) - Spells gain extra effects at max rank.
Dark Sphere: Deals bonus damage to champions
Force of Will: Increases slowing duration.
Scatter the Weak: Spell width increased.
Dark Sphere – Syndra conjures a Dark Sphere dealing magic damage. The sphere remains and can be manipulated by her other powers.
Force of Will – Syndra picks up and throws a minion or Dark Sphere dealing magic damage and slowing the movement speed of enemies.
Scatter the Weak – Syndra knocks enemies and Dark Spheres back dealing magic damage. Enemies hit by Dark Spheres become stunned.
Unleashed Power – Syndra bombards an enemy Champion with all of her Dark Spheres.

Graves
Riot Graves is now properly flagged as having sunglasses.

Spectator Mode
Spectators can now rearrange the display positions of any player on the scoreboard in the bottom-center of the screen by dragging that player’s bar.
The scoreboard has been rearranged for easier team comparisons:
Champion portraits have been moved to the center of the scoreboard, with minion kills immediately adjacent.
Items are now automatically sorted to display more expensive items toward the center of the scoreboard.
While drag-scrolling (default: middle mouse click + drag), the camera will now wait to move until the player drags the mouse, rather than automatically moving in the direction of the initial click.
E.g. if a player middle-clicks the right side of the screen, the camera will no longer automatically move to the right. Instead, it will move based on where the player drags the mouse.
Max scroll speed remains the same and caps out at a drag length equal to the distance between the center and edge of the screen.
The mouse cursor will now disappear while drag-scrolling.

Co-op vs AI
Increased the variance in team composition makeups for Coop vs AI.

General
The time window for multikills has been increased to 10 seconds from the previous kills as opposed to 8.

krnmastersgt
09-12-2012, 09:28 PM
That Graves update is OP.

batmang
09-13-2012, 12:48 PM

It's pretty easy.

1) Get to level 6.
2) Hit "R" and click enemies until your finger exlpodes.
3) /laugh

crownjules
09-13-2012, 02:35 PM
S2 ending tiers announced. You get the War Hero Janna skin at 1500. Season ends Oct 23rd.

Tier Solo ELO Team ELO
Bronze 7 < 850 < 850
Bronze 6 850 950
Bronze 5 900 1000
Bronze 4 950 1050
Bronze 3 1000 1100
Bronze 2 1050 1150
Bronze 1 1100 1200

Silver 7 1150
Silver 6 1200
Silver 5 1250
Silver 4 1300 1250
Silver 3 1350 1300
Silver 2 1400 1350
Silver 1 1450 1400

Gold 7 1500
Gold 6 1550
Gold 5 1600
Gold 4 1650 1450
Gold 3 1700 1500
Gold 2 1750 1550
Gold 1 1800 1600

Platinum 7 1850
Platinum 6 1900
Platinum 5 1950
Platinum 4 2000 1650
Platinum 3 2050 1700
Platinum 2 2100 1750
Platinum 1 2150 1800

Diamond 7 2200 1850
Diamond 6 2250 1900
Diamond 5 2300 1950
Diamond 4 2350 2000
Diamond 3 2400 2050
Diamond 2 2450 2100
Diamond 1 2500 2150

NikolaeVarius
09-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Oh man, at the very least I want to get silver. I've managed to get up to 1180 or so, before I lost 2 games in a row and BOOM back to 1148.

Fucking Rengar. It was 4v5 at our nexus towers and rengar was off getting the enemy's red buff and counterjungling.

So good.

ImpulsE69
09-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Yay. I'm glad the season will be ending soon. I was at 1300 something at one point before the dodge drops really screwed me over. Now that those are gone, I just have other players to blame when I lose a game :D lol.

crownjules
09-13-2012, 04:34 PM
So get this. The S2 tier is based on you top ELO, ie. the highest ELO you've achieved not what you end the season at. But the thing is Riot never distinguished between S1 and S2 top ELO. So they just reset everyone's top ELO to their current ELO rating. Enjoy!

NikolaeVarius
09-13-2012, 04:35 PM
So get this. The S2 tier is based on you top ELO, ie. the highest ELO you've achieved not what you end the season at. But the thing is Riot never distinguished between S1 and S2 top ELO. So they just reset everyone's top ELO to their current ELO rating. Enjoy!

WHY.

ImpulsE69
09-13-2012, 04:40 PM
I don't understand....the ladders never showed up that way...

crownjules
09-13-2012, 05:02 PM
WHY.

Apparently it's paramount to stop people from getting rewards for their S1 achievement then to care about the people who may be negatively effected by such a reset. I mean, I'm affected by it. My top ELO is from a few weeks ago and is about 70 points higher than current. Can I get back up there? Sure. Is it possible I won't? Yes. I'm not angry or anything, I just don't understand how Riot can think punishing some of their players for their silly oversight is a good move.

If I were Riot, my thought process would have been: Nothing's really at stake - some people might get a free skin (that's not sold) and recognition they don't deserve from their S2 performance. But resetting the score a month before the end is likely to negatively effect as many players as it does prevent the above scenario. Let's just learn our lesson and make sure we reset them at the end of this season.

ImpulsE69
09-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Again..I don't see why it mattered...the ladders show your current ranking, not your top ranking. I guess I just assumed you are what you are at..not what you were at. I know it showed your highest ranking, but it didn't say it was your current.

krnmastersgt
09-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Again..I don't see why it mattered...the ladders show your current ranking, not your top ranking. I guess I just assumed you are what you are at..not what you were at. I know it showed your highest ranking, but it didn't say it was your current.

They reset the top rank you hold to what you're sitting at now though, so if you had a season high of 1900 and are currently 1400 then your high for this season is going to be calculated as 1400 :P I think it's so that people don't feel paranoid about losing a game once they just barely break into a new tier, that was one reason I was cautious with my S1 games personally.

ImpulsE69
09-13-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm missing something obvious I guess. To me, it seems like they just crapped on a majority of the playerbase. It encourages people to play 20 games and stay at 1500 rather than to keep playing to try to climb higher. One thing that I've noticed is many of the high rankers do not have many games in total compared to people who are lower.

Not that I care about what they did, just makes no sense other than to say, you are what you are at the time of season ending, not what you were highest...which I always thought it was anyway.

The whole system needs an overhaul.

0___________0
09-13-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm confused, people on the forums were saying it uses your top ELO attained between now and the end of S2. I've got 9 games and I'm at 1243, does that mean I get that silver rating, or do I need to play some games, since I haven't done any in months?

crownjules
09-13-2012, 10:49 PM
At the end of Season 2, you will be rewarded based on your top ELO.

Today, Riot reset everyone's top ELO to whatever their current ELO score is because they hadn't done this at the end of Season 1.

So for instance, my top ELO was 1370 from a few weeks ago. But I had dropped to 1294 since then. My top ELO is now 1294 due to the reset.

ImpulsE69
09-14-2012, 01:10 AM
The new char is kinda meh.

HumblePie
09-14-2012, 01:33 AM

New char is basically orianna really when you think how she is played.

On a side note, you can get a full S team now.

Sona
Sivir
Shyvana
Syndra
Singed

thejunglegod
09-14-2012, 03:10 AM

The Justicar skin on her almost makes her orbs transparent. Think it might get a color rethink since it's kinda difficult to spot them.

HumblePie
09-14-2012, 03:21 AM
Side note. Eve is effing OP right now as hell again. Been playing a ton with her and she can top, mid, or jungle effectively. Her ult + DFG = GEE GEE to any single target while still dealing a crap ton of damage in an aoe with the ult to anyone else. Since the range on her hate spike is now more than 4 pixels away from her, it is damn good! The damage on it, the spammability about it, and the move speed bonus now being on her W instead of her Ult makes her getting around to lanes for kills MASSIVELY easier. That and having it remove slows which a lot of champs have is effing fantastic. OMG seriously a good champ now again to use.

As for Syndra, I think really she is more a support mage than a main mid lane mage. Her knock back and stun make her more useful as a support champ IMHO.

zebano
09-14-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm missing something obvious I guess. To me, it seems like they just crapped on a majority of the playerbase. It encourages people to play 20 games and stay at 1500 rather than to keep playing to try to climb higher. One thing that I've noticed is many of the high rankers do not have many games in total compared to people who are lower.

Not that I care about what they did, just makes no sense other than to say, you are what you are at the time of season ending, not what you were highest...which I always thought it was anyway.

The whole system needs an overhaul.

I think you misunderstood what they're doing it encourages people to keep playing since if they achieve that 1500 they will keep it regardless of if their actual Elo falls back below 1500.

Ragardign Jayce, I rather hate him, first off he's got range, massive movement speed (Gate + passive) as well as a leap and a knockback which does %health dmg. I really think his hammer form e needs to do one or the other (knockback or %damage) not both as it makes trading too easy. I actually find it's harder to chase down Jayce than either Nidalee or Nunu, and honestly that's retarded for someone who does that much damage (Nunu, has to get in close and Nidalee has good poke but is generally squishy). In short he may be jack of all trades master of none, but he's just good enough at all of them to be massively annoying.

Darius on the other hand doesn't bother me too much (get rid of the scaling on his ult or the reset plz).

ImpulsE69
09-14-2012, 12:21 PM
I think you misunderstood what they're doing it encourages people to keep playing since if they achieve that 1500 they will keep it regardless of if their actual Elo falls back below 1500.

Ahhh I thought they had changed it from highest elo to elo at end of season, but they didn't, they just reset them. That makes more sense. So you still get your highest ELO, it's just that they decided to reset it now rather than at the beginning of the season.

I was saying the same as you that highest ELO encourages people to try to move up w/o the worry of losing ELO.

I find Darius to be more annoying than Jayce. I played a game last night where a Darius and a Vayne both dualed a bottom lane and were splitting CS. They didn't really get any kills so they should have technically been behind everyone else, but Darius was just raping in team fights.

thejunglegod
09-18-2012, 02:04 AM
Played my first ranked game and won. Played the enxt 4 and lost thanks to a super feeding team and an afk player in 2 of those games. Can't tell you how depressed i feel. It's Starcraft 2 all over again. :(

Maleficus
09-18-2012, 01:07 PM
welcome to ranked!

Fenixgoon
09-18-2012, 02:19 PM
new champ looks awesome. will definitely buy with IP.

zebano
09-19-2012, 08:54 AM
new champ looks awesome. will definitely buy with IP.

Predator vrs Alien! (Rengar Wins)

also with IP? not exactly exciting.

crownjules
09-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Patch notes:

In the upcoming hotfix, we'll be releasing the final balance changes which will set the stage for the Season 2 World Championship next month. Watch the World Championship Hotfix Overview to learn more about the changes to Yorick, Vladimir, Caitlyn, Miss Fortune, Ziggs, Rengar, and the Tribunal!

Anivia

Fixed a bug where Glacial Storm's slow was stacking with Flash Frost

Caitlyn

Piltover Peacemaker
Damage falloff per subsequent target reduced to 10% from 15%
Minimum damage increased to 50% from 40%
90 Caliber Net can no longer be cast while rooted

Galio

Bulwark is now castable during Idol of Durand

Irelia

Bladesurge no longer fails to refresh or grant mana return when killing certain enemies

Jayce

Thundering Blow mana cost increased to 40/50/60/70/80 from 40 at all ranks

Maokai

Sapling Toss explosion particle can no longer be seen though fog of war

Miss Fortune

Strut
Out of combat activation time reduced to 5 seconds from 7
Ramp up time to reach max speed reduced to 5 seconds from 13
Bullet Time
Windup time significantly reduced
Mana cost reduced to 100 from 150

Nidalee

Cougar form attack range increased to 125 from 100

Rengar

Rengar can no longer speak his VO lines when he is dead
Unseen Predator
After leaping, Rengar will now immediately attack the target if it is a Champion
Jumping between targets is now smoother
Unseen Predator now correctly shows up in death recap
Savagery
Damage increased to 30/60/90/120/150 from 30/55/80/105/130
The attack speed bonus now applies to his first attack after activation
Battle Roar
No longer has a cast time (can be cast while moving)
Ability power ratio reduced to 0.8 from 1
Rengar no longer loses his attack command after using Battle Roar
Bola Strike
Now procs Sheen/Trinity Force/Lich Bane
Thrill of the Hunt
Movement Speed bonus increased to 20/25/30% from 10/15/20%

Vayne

Base movement speed increased to 305 from 300

Vladimir

Tides of Blood damage reduced to 60/85/110/135/160 from 60/90/120/150/180

Wukong

Crushing Blow now grants an additional 125 Attack Range for the attack
Fixed a bug with Crushing Blow that would cause it to cancel when chasing an enemy

Xerath

Locus of Power can now be cast while rooted

Yorick

Ghoul base movement speed at level 1 reduced to 300 from 350 (Ghouls gain movement speed as Yorick levels and will reach the same max movement speed as before by level 12)
Ghouls no longer block pathing for enemies
Omen of Pestilence mana cost increased to 55/60/65/70/75 from 40/45/50/55/60

Ziggs

Satchel Charge
Knockback range on Ziggs has increased
Knockup height on enemies has increased
Mega Inferno Bomb
Secondary damage increased to 80% from 75%

General

Blessing of the Lizard Elder damage now displays properly in death recap

NikolaeVarius
09-19-2012, 12:21 PM
What kind of "hotfix" changes the balance of the game.

Hotfix is usually reserved for on the spot fixing of game breaking bugs.

Snock514
09-19-2012, 12:26 PM
I hit 1500 ELO with one of my buds on my Birthday last saturday, it was a very awesome gift (thanks Riot!) We actually ended up going from 1400-1501 with 7-8 wins in a row! I will flaunt my war hero Janna skin all day errday'. With all that confidence from that win streak I thought it would be a good idea to play by myself.. That was a big mistake. 3-4 losses in a row with no victories solo yet. Oh well, I'm still super happy that they changed the way ranked rewards are given (by highest ELO not current.)

crownjules
09-19-2012, 12:37 PM

It's specifically to get things ready for the S2 World Finals. They want to do some balance tweaks to strengthen those champs so they hopefully see play. Rather then every match being Corki and Ez with the occasional Graves and Cait showing. But yeah, not sure why the hotfix term.

zebano
09-19-2012, 12:51 PM

I think the term means that they didn't have to bring their servers down to apply the patch. Hot = up.

zebano
09-19-2012, 12:56 PM
I hit 1500 ELO with one of my buds on my Birthday last saturday, it was a very awesome gift (thanks Riot!) We actually ended up going from 1400-1501 with 7-8 wins in a row! I will flaunt my war hero Janna skin all day errday'. With all that confidence from that win streak I thought it would be a good idea to play by myself.. That was a big mistake. 3-4 losses in a row with no victories solo yet. Oh well, I'm still super happy that they changed the way ranked rewards are given (by highest ELO not current.)

Congrats, rock that war hero skin. I've not been above 1500 since the top elo reset, currently sitting at 1462 but I've got gold in both 3v3 and 5v5 teams so I'm just playing to get that third summoner icon.

Fenixgoon
09-19-2012, 10:21 PM
Predator vrs Alien! (Rengar Wins)

also with IP? not exactly exciting.

you expect me to spend real money on this game? :P

thejunglegod
09-20-2012, 12:14 AM
Damn, i thought Rengar was already OP. Or was it just me?

NikolaeVarius
09-20-2012, 12:22 AM

He pub/noob stomps hard. As for over the game's meta? Hell no. He was really weak.

The only rengar's i've actually had an issue with are the ones that get retardedly fed. I don't think i've ever laned against a rengar that won against me.

thejunglegod
09-20-2012, 12:40 AM
He pub/noob stomps hard. As for over the game's meta? Hell no. He was really weak.

Hmm, yeah i guess it was just me. I think i've usually faced rengars that have been fed to death and a stun+slow when u're trying to push a lane as Kogmaw = certain death.

zebano
09-20-2012, 08:33 AM
you expect me to spend real money on this game? :P

Not really though I think anyone halfway serious should spend enough to have 5 rune pages. It was more that I'm going to buy him .... with IP comment... kind of a letdown.

zebano
09-20-2012, 08:35 AM

No I agree with you as do the people above 2100 on EUW who are banning him constantly. I kept thinking his level 1 burst was retarded but I played Tiger Udyr for the first time in a year and dear god that is some burst. The only problem is I gave up my MoveSpeed quints to do it and I'm just not sure jungle tiger is viable without them.

ImpulsE69
09-20-2012, 09:54 AM
...GAH. Last night I got trolled in a 5 man ranked team..WTF? :rolleyes:

krnmastersgt
09-20-2012, 04:53 PM
Would like to note that today is the last day to get 2 rune pages for the price of 1.

NikolaeVarius
09-20-2012, 05:01 PM
New guy is seems interesting. Not too sure how the mechanics of his evolution thingy works.

Firsttime
09-20-2012, 05:03 PM
Yeah EUW had Regar has a top pick before the buffs, and is perma banning him now. NA was starting to value him higher. To be honest I have a hard time fully understanding it, he does have scary ganks, though I don't really think they are scarier then like Noc ganks, just a lower CD. His late game team fight presence feels really lacking to me, but maybe the ones I played were all shit.

Fenixgoon
09-20-2012, 11:51 PM
Yeah EUW had Regar has a top pick before the buffs, and is perma banning him now. NA was starting to value him higher. To be honest I have a hard time fully understanding it, he does have scary ganks, though I don't really think they are scarier then like Noc ganks, just a lower CD. His late game team fight presence feels really lacking to me, but maybe the ones I played were all shit.

every rengar i've played with/against has sucked, except for one who got uber fed. but any fed champ is always a PITA so i wouldnt say that counts. so far, i've been unimpressed, particularly with his laning presence.

thejunglegod
09-21-2012, 12:06 AM
Did u guys know that Zilean has a debuff which grants some armor to the enemy Volibear. Apparently he "hates" armored bears.

0___________0
09-21-2012, 12:43 AM
Stats for Kha'Zix: http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/21718-unoffical-pbe-patch-notes-for-9-21-2012

His upgraded Q seems vicious with 12% of their missing HP on a 3.5 CD, get a tri force and that's brutal. I can't wait for everyone to go glass cannon and blow up after they leap in and kill a squishy.

thejunglegod
09-21-2012, 06:48 AM
Just wanted to ask a very nooby question. If supports aren't supposed to last hit and let the adc last hit, how do they get their gold and experience? Only from assists?

NikolaeVarius
09-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Did u guys know that Zilean has a debuff which grants some armor to the enemy Volibear. Apparently he "hates" armored bears.

Yes. There are several hidden passives like that.

For example, Shen and Akali get 1 less health or something if they are on the same team because ninjas work alone.

Just wanted to ask a very nooby question. If supports aren't supposed to last hit and let the adc last hit, how do they get their gold and experience? Only from assists?

Assists, standing near minions for experience, Gold per 5 Items.

crownjules
09-21-2012, 11:26 AM

Most supports will run gold runes and masteries. Then you build the gold generating items for passive income. Supports are chosen because their abilities have the desired effects at base level (Taric's stun, Janna's knockup, slow and AD boost, Nunu's BB and ice ball, etc) and don't need the scaling from items. So they don't need as much gold and can spend it on wards.

HumblePie
09-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Yes. There are several hidden passives like that.

For example, Shen and Akali get 1 less health or something if they are on the same team because ninjas work alone.

Assists, standing near minions for experience, Gold per 5 Items.

They are called interactions. And there are several of them in the game. Renekton and Nasus interact. Darius and Draven do as well. Volibear and Zilean.

Some interactions are char only based and some are based on skins. For example Jarvan gets a +1 bonus damage when he is in dragon killer skin, as well as vayne, against Shyvana.

As for the answer to the other question, there are several runes, masteries, and items that give a player either passive gold or experience bonuses. They are not much, but they do help the support stay semi close in levels and items as the rest of the team without last hitting. Still they do need to stand near minions or kills for experience though. And for reference it's Gold per 10 seconds or GP/10s, not GP/5s

crownjules
09-21-2012, 04:04 PM
Another fun one is Leona does -1 damage to anyone that wears sunglasses. That's why the Graves skin getting tagged a patch ago actually makes a difference.

Here's most of them http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Easter_eggs.

nsafreak
09-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Most supports will run gold runes and masteries. Then you build the gold generating items for passive income. Supports are chosen because their abilities have the desired effects at base level (Taric's stun, Janna's knockup, slow and AD boost, Nunu's BB and ice ball, etc) and don't need the scaling from items. So they don't need as much gold and can spend it on wards.

Yep, as a support your job is to make sure that your adc gets the kills & stays alive. I main Taric most of the time and I believe I've gotten reasonably decent, last few games with him:

8-8-36
3-11-26
1-15-12 (a rare horrible game)
1-07-7

Typically at best I'll break even or be slightly ahead in k/d ratio. But that's not what supports shine in really, as you can see I get in a ton of assists. Part of this is due to in team fights Taric's ult gets him a lot of team kill participation. The other portion is during the laning phase. To be a good support you have to be very situationally aware at all times. I'm still working on getting to the level I was at before I took a 7 month hiatus from the game but a good support can win games for a team.

Insofar as income is concerned I generally rely on the gold I get from assists and from gold generating support friendly items like the heart of gold.

HumblePie
09-22-2012, 07:34 PM
So I finally got my support ticket answered by Riot as to my I had got my first suspension from Tribunal ever. I never received and email or a "review" card of what it was. I finally get it and I'm laughing in tears because going over the games I was reported for I have no idea why I was suspended still. I'm being quite serious here. I have 4 games listed, let me summarize what happened as I remember them all once I read the game review.

Game 1)

I played support eve to try something new. I went 3/1/6 and had a bad cait bot. Tower dove level 2 and died and tried to blame me for it. Caitlyn ended up 2/7/2 for the game. Cait and Shen, both of which fed reported me and was constantly harassing me all game for playing "support" eve. Never once did I say anything bad, condescending, use curse word, or anything negative in chat. All game long they were typing, this support eve is ruining this game. We are losing because of eve. Despite me having the best score on the team and the ONLY one really doing anything in the game for the team. In fact I typed very little during this game in chat except a "? who you talking about" when olaf on the other team said, "This bitch is stupid." I asked that in all chat and shen said in all chat, "I agree out stupid bitch eve is stupid." Then olaf typed, "No akali is the stupid bitch."

Game 2)

I played yorick. I went 27/6/2. Game was a loss. My team was intentionally feeding and this was a ranked game. 2/12/9 lee sin, 0/13/0 orianna, 1/12/4 leblanc, 1/15/8 Jayce.

Look at those scores. Still all I typed was commands such as "please stop feeding and follow me only. We can still win since I'm so fed. All you guys have to do is stay near me and we win." and "Why are you guys even playing ranked if your intention is just to feed? You are literally all standing in lane and auto attacking while they kill you. I do not understand how you guys do not recognize that as not feeding."

I got reported for being "mean" to the team by asking them to stop feeding and to group up to try to win?

Game 3)

I played singed. My score here wasn't all that great, but that was because I was literally getting trolled. I wsa 1/7/4, but originally was 1/0/4 until mid game. I was constantly being wall off by my own team mate anivia. I would go in to initiate and anivia would place a wall behind me leaving me alone to die. Ezreal was also massively feeding as 1/9/4 by the end of the game. However, he started 0/4/1. Sona bot lane was also 1/4/0 early on too and ended up 2/7/6. In the chat log I keep asking anivia to stop trolling and walling me off. I also ask ezreal and sona to stop feeding please and to hang near the tower instead since they so far behind. Near the end Ezreal just was jungle farming and never would fight against the enemy in team fights anymore. Anivia kept walling people off to die constantly. still, I never lost my cool, never used anything worse than typing "FFS" during the game. My team reported me for "calls everyone bad teals everyone to report ezreal and anivia. and then feeds and blames everyone else" which was the anivia who was walling people off to get them to die like myself.

Game 4)

I was graves and went 0/1/0. Got trolled by an annie that randomed as the last pick, and then said they were going AD annie AFTER I already picked graves. I was like, who is supporting then, and annie finally caved and said she would support. Which is fine, but the annie kept being dumb and diving. Also she never bought a single ward and was constantly caught for it. Annie ended up going 0/6/0. The rest of our team had an akali top that was 2/4/0 but to be fair she was 2/0/0 early on. A malzahar that was 0/3/0 and a volibear jungle that was 0/2/0. In the chat logs again, the extent of what I said was asking WHY people are doing the things they are and to ask them to please stop and to do some other play instead. For example I said, "well would be nice if malz actually pushed his lane, and then side ganked like a mid is suppose to." Malz replied, "uhh that makes no sense graves, 1. its galio, 2. jungler is main ganker" I said, "well considering galio is doing it properly and you are not right now. Once a malz reaches six you should push as hard as you can fast, and move to a side lane and use your ult to get a kill." Malz said, "You have no idea what you are talking about to stupid ass graves. Reporting you for being a fucking dumbass."

Akali on the other hand was cussing the hell out of volibear and malz. At the end volibear finally types something and says, "Shut up you dumb bitch (referring to akali). All the lanes failed and there is nothing I could do as a jungler." I responded, "Bot lane didn't 'fail" as out tower is up and I still have CS on par with their ADC, just no kills." Volibear then responds, "Yah right, you have an 0/5/0 bot lane." He was referring to annie's score at the time as she was feeding purposefully that game because she wanted to be AD annie and not support.

Basically in all instances, except the one where I played support eve, I got reported for asking certain team members to stop doing their bad actions and then asking players to do correct actions like a good player is suppose to do in order to hopefully turn a losing game around. And for some reason tribunal players decided that asking other team mates politely to stop their bad actions and to offer suggestions on what to do is a punishable offense. Unless they were banning me because I went support eve.

Not once did I cuss, call anyone names, or talk negatively in chat. I didn't feed, assist the other team, or do anything that would break the summoners code that I can tell. However, since it's a tribunal banning, Riot I found out doesn't take any action beyond the 3 day suspension for it. I originally thought they review any case before any final action takes place, but I guess I was wrong there. So it looks like I am now stuck never typing anything in chat again during the game to avoid suspensions.

0___________0
09-23-2012, 10:37 AM
Its for that reason that I try to say as little as possible, just "mia", "ganking _____", "group mid", "dragon", "buying" etc. Surest way to avoid getting reported. My computer has video driver crashes that require me to restart the computer, so I'm extra careful to not tick anyone off and garner a few more reports. Everyone who plays thinks their right about everything, so I don't bother talking about anything other than strategy. If you really think you have a case you could try posting a picture of the reform card on the forums and seeing if you can survive a duel with Pendragon, he top dog for the ban hammer department, fair warning, I've never seen anyone emerge victorious.

Anyone ever jungle Renekton? Ran it three games yesterday, all wins, 4/2/6, 7/2/11, and 13/4/13. I hadn't done it for a while, ganks are powerful, sustain is good, clear times are decent. I go boots+3, brutalizer->ghostblade, vamp, phage->mallet, HoG->Randuin's, blood thirster, warmog's. Not in that order though, it varies. He doesn't have the best initiate late game though, need something like a Cho Q that you can follow up on with E->W.

thejunglegod
09-24-2012, 01:33 AM
@HumblePie
The post above me summarizes it best. Just keep your retorts to simple "mias", "all mid", "ganking bot" etc. I think about 60% of the entire LOL community just likes to troll or fck someone else up when they're doing bad, even if it's within the team.

The last game i played had our team at 51 vs enemy team 37. And then our team decided to go bonkers. The enemy team stuck to a simple strategy by going ALL MID. Our team however, built on ego and over-confidence by then started trying to take towers ALONE. I kept shouting "OMG, OMG, what are you guys doing?? stick to mid, stick to mid, OMG" like a little girl, but nothing. I realized then that they might be trolling, cos i couldn't offer any other explanation.We lost obviously.

So i'm out for the time being and just got myself GW2. I think i'll keep playing GW2 till i get into the right frame of mind to play with retards.

ImpulsE69
09-24-2012, 01:46 AM
I just want to brag because I just won 11 ranked games in a row. No idea how..but there were no DC's, no, afker's, and noone constantly hammering the surrender button.

Then, 12th game, had someone who never joined the game, and it's been blah since..people dc'ing, afk'ing. I've found just putting everyone on ignore keeps things better because I don't take kindly to people being asshats in game and I'm an asshat right back to them. Honestly I'm surprised I've not been banned yet ;p

Chiropteran
09-24-2012, 08:44 AM
These reports is why I'm very hesitant to ever buy any riot points. I've haven't had my account suspended yet, but these sort of stories just show how flawed the system is.

Now that you can spectate, it shows they have the tech to record every game. Every game with enough reports to go into tribunal should have it's game recorded, and voting in tribunal should require viewing the game in it's entirety.

diesbudt
09-24-2012, 09:18 AM
I haven't ran into many problems/trolls when I have played.

And same as them above me I also only say very simple things in chat. Even when talked too I just stay quiet unless I must speak. And when I do it is simple/quick. I let my actions speak for themselves.

krnmastersgt
09-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Aside from my placement matches and a few people in arranged teams, I generally have very little BM (that I see) in matches. Some games end with the enemy team spamming to report each other due to constant QQ and such but I rarely have that on my team. People do play ranked a bit differently then normals, I've turned around an almost hopeless game because I got everyone to stop arguing and just follow my lead, I'd die and get us 3+ kills in the process so they saw there was hope and kept up a relatively positive attitude.

Robert Munch
09-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Are you guys gonna play or move to Dota 2 once it's open for all?

RPD
09-24-2012, 07:38 PM
I will play it, one thing I don't like about LoL is how often the game itself changes due to new champions or shifts in the meta game. You don't play for awhile and suddenly theres like 5 new heros you have zero idea wtf they do or how to prepare against them.

RampantAndroid
09-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Having played LoL for a while, I have to say...it's a total piece of s**t. FAR too many times do you get a leaver. TWO games last night IN A ROW had leavers. As in, gone in the first 5 min. Previous game a few nights ago had Mundo building mana regen/AP. More games than that two people pick the same general champs (blitz + nunu in a lane) or stuff like people jungling who shouldn't, people solo laning when they don't know how. And I'm not a new toon, I'm lvl 25 or something.

The game is maddening, because people are completely useless, 75% of the time.

thejunglegod
09-25-2012, 01:35 AM
And I'm not a new toon, I'm lvl 25 or something. The game is maddening, because people are completely useless, 75% of the time.

Wait till you hit 30. You will see a totally new level of idiocy and weirdness.
My problem is that i just can't let go of this game. I'm addicted. Even though i decide to stop playing i have to come back to it at least for one game. My only solution is to uninstall, but i'm not able to :(

krnmastersgt
09-25-2012, 02:08 AM
Are you guys gonna play or move to Dota 2 once it's open for all?

I've been playing it for months, but mainly just co-ops since I can't get any of my buddies to play with me. I prefer to LoL personally but many are turned off by all the additional "advanced" mechanics like denying and much more trollish terrain (like trees).

Robert Munch
09-25-2012, 09:06 AM
I've been playing it for months, but mainly just co-ops since I can't get any of my buddies to play with me. I prefer to LoL personally but many are turned off by all the additional "advanced" mechanics like denying and much more trollish terrain (like trees).I played LoL for a while too, really enjoyed dominion at launch. Just felt more team orientated in pubs and you can't steam roll an entire team with just one champ. What I do miss is the concede option.

Denying is really good for early game, but doesn't matter much towards mid/end game. Co-op matches are fun too, with the hardest bot difficulty. Valve seems to have done a decent job with bot matching.

BlahBlahYouToo
09-25-2012, 01:40 PM
I will play it, one thing I don't like about LoL is how often the game itself changes due to new champions or shifts in the meta game. You don't play for awhile and suddenly theres like 5 new heros you have zero idea wtf they do or how to prepare against them.

And how is that going to be any different in dota2?

Chiropteran
09-25-2012, 01:42 PM
And how is that going to be any different from dota2?

Well, dota2 doesn't rely on money from players buying new champions, so they don't need to release new champions so insane op that you see them in every game for a month.

Robert Munch
09-25-2012, 03:46 PM
Well, dota2 doesn't rely on money from players buying new champions, so they don't need to release new champions so insane op that you see them in every game for a month.Also, Dota 2 has established heros which derived from Dota where as LoL seems to be mixing and mashing existing Dota heros to create new champs. Anyone with Dota experience will have no issue with the release of "new" Dota 2 heros that are released by Valve, since they are exact copies of Dota heros.

Firsttime
09-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Well, dota2 doesn't rely on money from players buying new champions, so they don't need to release new champions so insane op that you see them in every game for a month.

For every Diana there is a Syndra.

ImpulsE69
09-25-2012, 04:19 PM
For every Diana there is a Syndra.

Seems to be every 2 to 1. I tend to latch onto the 1 that is not OP. LOL. In fact..i tend to prefer the underplayed characters to the FOTM champs and tend to absolutely loath the commons so much so I refuse to play them (Wu, Graves, Vayne, Mumu, Singed etc).

RPD
09-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Also, Dota 2 has established heros which derived from Dota where as LoL seems to be mixing and mashing existing Dota heros to create new champs. Anyone with Dota experience will have no issue with the release of "new" Dota 2 heros that are released by Valve, since they are exact copies of Dota heros.

Exactly, even limited by the WC3 engine, DotA was just a much more polished and balanced game. Items and heros took a long time to change and were balanced well. The only real complaint I had were some heros were really in need of a remake, but even then IceFrog got around to redoing quite a few.

zebano
09-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Having played LoL for a while, I have to say...it's a total piece of s**t. FAR too many times do you get a leaver. TWO games last night IN A ROW had leavers. As in, gone in the first 5 min. Previous game a few nights ago had Mundo building mana regen/AP. More games than that two people pick the same general champs (blitz + nunu in a lane) or stuff like people jungling who shouldn't, people solo laning when they don't know how. And I'm not a new toon, I'm lvl 25 or something.

The game is maddening, because people are completely useless, 75% of the time.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but you are new until (at a minimum) you hit 30. You don't have full runes, masteries, have limited number of champs and fewer that you play well. The thing about low level games is that you get a ton of people who just can't quite cut ranked who smurf and rage at newbies for not having a ton of game knowledge and pretty much everyone who gets banned for BM just creates a new account and BMs the newbies instead (sigh). I think I've seen maybe 2 leavers in my past 100 games, plenty of ragers and assholes but not leavers. I made a smurf once when a friend started LoL and it was massively unpleasant, thinking back on when I was still learning the game I know I would be dumbfounded by my actions then.

TL;DR This game has a huge learning curve and a nasty community (no better/worse than HoN or Dota2).

zebano
09-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Seems to be every 2 to 1. I tend to latch onto the 1 that is not OP. LOL. In fact..i tend to prefer the underplayed characters to the FOTM champs and tend to absolutely loath the commons so much so I refuse to play them (Wu, Graves, Vayne, Mumu, Singed etc).

You and me both but are Wukong, Vayne and Singed really played that often? I practically never see them in my games. I love Trundle, Tristana, Janna, Hecarim, Swain and Xerath. My two concessions to popularity are my jungle Cho'Gath and playing Nunu on Twisted Treeline... but that's TT which is itself unpopular. If Karma ever gets a buff I will be playing her non-stop (she's tons of fun in ARAM).

festa_freak
09-26-2012, 01:37 PM
You and me both but are Wukong, Vayne and Singed really played that often? I practically never see them in my games. I love Trundle, Tristana, Janna, Hecarim, Swain and Xerath. My two concessions to popularity are my jungle Cho'Gath and playing Nunu on Twisted Treeline... but that's TT which is itself unpopular. If Karma ever gets a buff I will be playing her non-stop (she's tons of fun in ARAM).

I bought Karma months ago because when she was free I enjoyed her. She is a hard support to play early but once you get CD items it is much better. I have good games and bad with her. It's all in what you are supporting, idiots or smart players.

ImpulsE69
09-26-2012, 02:32 PM

I imagine it varies by ELO. In my ELO range (and in Normals) I see them almost every game. I tend to use Anivia, Rammus, Lulu, Cait or Jarven. Those characters are rarely used in the games I play. (Of those Cait is probably seen the most). However in the higher end streams I see Anivia all the time.

I've seen Trundle in 1 game out of 50 if that says anything. Swain in maybe 10. I have mixed feelings about Karma...I've never played her, but I rarely see good ones. Occasionally you'll see one rape, but I sometimes wonder if thts just because people underestimate her and don't know how to play against her since she's hardly played.

zebano
09-26-2012, 04:31 PM
I bought Karma months ago because when she was free I enjoyed her. She is a hard support to play early but once you get CD items it is much better. I have good games and bad with her. It's all in what you are supporting, idiots or smart players.

she still has massive problems in that her shield is as good as Janna's but she lacks the CC/kiting ability (w is a joke), her heal is pathetic without AP, she can't poke without stealing cs/pushing the lane. It is possible to do well with her but I've only ever done it in a solo lane where I build AP and CDR.

krnmastersgt
09-26-2012, 04:47 PM
I would never use Karma as a designated support, she needs items to be truly effective unlike many true supports like Janna, Soraka, Taric as the base numbers for her abilities just aren't strong enough. That being said she's not a real AP carry either, she can win mid against many match-ups but she doesn't have serious hard hitting nukes or long range poke, she's essentially an AP bruiser. She works extremely well with some champs like Singed or Udyr however as they're not afraid to dive into the enemy team and with Karma's speed buff + a shield dropped on them, everyone is instantly nuked and the bruiser that just ran has a ton of extra hp to work with.

thejunglegod
09-27-2012, 05:37 AM
Just a question. Is Syndra the most underpowered hero in LOL? If no, then who is? Cos i played her last night and in before i could Q, put a ball, pick it up and throw, a team fight had already ended. This was obviously also highlighted by my noobness to the character. Still. The only good thing about her was her ultimate though the E was good for escapes.

krnmastersgt
09-27-2012, 05:55 AM
Syndra has 1 really nice combo imo, she can unload on a single target with her ult during a fight and then immediately follow up with an E blast. The ult drops like 5 orbs on the ground so when you use the E shock-wave it basically turns into a massive cone stun. Buut her Q takes too long to pop, and her W has too high of a cool down combo'd with very little damage output for me to really like her.

There is no such thing as an underpowered hero imo, it's just that some champs match the meta better or are stronger at certain things and can be called overpowered in comparison.

thejunglegod
09-27-2012, 06:21 AM
The ult drops like 5 orbs on the ground so when you use the E shock-wave it basically turns into a massive cone stun.

Woah, see i did not realize that. I would just look at those balls and wonder how the fck they got there? I assumed that she drops em at random. That combo would be good, but i hardly think it'd be good enough to take down a champ 1v1. Its basically a hit and run right??

ImpulsE69
09-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Woah, see i did not realize that. I would just look at those balls and wonder how the fck they got there? I assumed that she drops em at random. That combo would be good, but i hardly think it'd be good enough to take down a champ 1v1. Its basically a hit and run right??

I always watch the champion spotlights before I buy a char. It helps you know things like that :)

crownjules
09-27-2012, 10:06 AM
Syndra's ult uses the 3 orbs around her plus any that she's conjured with Q. So the ult is weakest when you open with it. Ideally, you want to use a Q or two before hitting the ult. With max CDR it's possible to have a max of 7 orbs hit (using W once to extend the life of one orb).

Syndra's pretty powerful now with the buffs she just got. Q is spammable and (I think) no harder to hit with than any of the other slightly delayed spells (Karthus and Cass). The thing is she requires quite a bit more finesse with her other spells. E is a bitch to stun with if you've only got a single orb and W just seems weird when you're tossing an orb/minion. Hardly feels like it has the 925 range it apparently does. It feels like it always falls short of where I've targeted.

ImpulsE69
09-27-2012, 10:29 AM
Syndra's ult uses the 3 orbs around her plus any that she's conjured with Q. So the ult is weakest when you open with it. Ideally, you want to use a Q or two before hitting the ult. With max CDR it's possible to have a max of 7 orbs hit (using W once to extend the life of one orb).

Syndra's pretty powerful now with the buffs she just got. Q is spammable and (I think) no harder to hit with than any of the other slightly delayed spells (Karthus and Cass). The thing is she requires quite a bit more finesse with her other spells. E is a bitch to stun with if you've only got a single orb and W just seems weird when you're tossing an orb/minion. Hardly feels like it has the 925 range it apparently does. It feels like it always falls short of where I've targeted.

I wonder if they are counting it from where it sits (it gets tossed behind her). In that case, it really only goes half that distance (in reference to the character). I find that particular move very awkward to be honest. I suppose it just takes some getting used to. I guess I'll give her another try now with the buffs.

krnmastersgt
09-27-2012, 04:40 PM

The stun itself does no damage (from orb impact), I was looking at it from a team-fight perspective. You can damage 1 person heavily and then just stun everyone around them almost immediately after.

The reason why I think Syndra is very lack-luster is her ranges, true her Q might be similar to other delayed point-blasts but it does nowhere near the damage that Cass/Karth can do and the range feels shorter to me (at least compared to when I played Karth). Her W range is decent however since it goes through the whole animation of chucking the orb/minion from behind you to your target location it takes a while to hit anything. Her E is the real problem, the range is so pathetically short that it can't be used for any real CC in trying to kill someone and is only useful when some melee bruiser is trying to get on top of you. Her ult has some pretty pathetic damage output compared to many other single target nuke ults as well.

She may have some insanely good tactics/traits but I just don't see them on the surface and she doesn't look like a champion that would be especially good to master, though Orianna did seem the same way when she launched so maybe I'll be proved wrong and she has some hidden talent.

ivan2
09-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Imo the biggest problem is the range of the E. It makes the stun very situational and unreliable as people dash around the orb.

ImpulsE69
09-27-2012, 05:26 PM
So I'm testing out the new Kah'Zix character and something occurred to me.

In the champion spotlight they say his passive is the unseen terror thing and that for it to become active he has to be invisible. I took this to mean if he's hiding in bushes for a period of time.

When I played him I saw this power was constantly up. Reading the passive text says "gained when not visible to the enemy team" which I take it means anywhere on the map.

I see one problem/potential issue with this but I haven't been able to test out my theory. This would mean his passive can detect wards couldn't it? Because if he's in the sight range of a ward, his passive would disappear? Mind you I mean he would know there's a ward nearby and if they can see him or not, not meaning he could destroy wards w/o oracle/vision ward.

Just a thought....

crownjules
09-27-2012, 05:35 PM
My understanding of the buff mechanic is he gains it when he goes off the map from an enemy and he keeps it until his next attack. In other words, he doesn't lose it just because he's seen by an enemy tower/minion/ward/champ. Otherwise yes, he'd inadvertently become a ward detector.

ImpulsE69
09-27-2012, 05:47 PM
Yep, think you're right.

krnmastersgt
09-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Yep, think you're right.

He is correct, but your point still holds technically true in that if you "hide" in brush that they have a ward in, your passive won't activate. Not quite as useful but still a valid point I think, wonder how they'll address that.

crownjules
10-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Sucky stretch of ranked games last night.

#1 - Guy decides to "try" AD TF. I call jungle and pick Naut in third spot and then our last pick has Kayle selected with Smite and isn't responding to anything. I switched over to support stuff to try and salvage something. Once the game loads, Kayle apologizes and he wasn't trying to jungle and doesn't have the correct runes/masteries - just forgot to choose something other than Smite. Should have dodged I guess.

#2 - Fenix and I duo. Early game goes great but our team makes some mistakes in the mid game. Our Ori begins throwing a tantrum and everything is everyone else's fault and she decides to sit at fountain. We barely lose a teamfight 4v5 and of course she returns after that but it's too late.

#3 - Last game of the night our mid player chooses Nunu. We're not thrilled, but there's much worse. Our last pick types "LOL TROLL GAME" and locks in Twitch when there's no room for him. Nunu switches over to jungle but Twitch feeds doing stupid shit all game.

NikolaeVarius
10-02-2012, 03:44 PM
I finally got Rengar's Combo down after sucking with him.

That two empowered q's and a normal q does some ridiculous damage when combined with sheen.

Fenixgoon
10-02-2012, 04:53 PM
threw so hard last night. ugh. our team could not teamfight worth a damn. lost a teamfight at baron and it was downhill from there.

crownjules
10-04-2012, 09:40 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ePHsw.jpg

Twisted Fate is getting a model, texture, spell effect, and voice over remake in the next patch. Additionally, he now is Gangnam Style.

zebano
10-04-2012, 10:33 AM
For those not paying attention Worlds starts at noon CDT today with Azubu Frost vs invictus Gaming. Personally I'm expecting M5 or Frost to win but I'm still a Dignitas fanboy just because Scarra has had the best stream for ages now.

crownjules
10-04-2012, 10:53 AM
I was looking at the schedule and it's a match per hour. So I'm assuming it's single elimination matches today.

ImpulsE69
10-04-2012, 11:13 AM
So, I saw a thread going on in the LoL forums about how your normal games basically should tell you how you will do in ranked and that they will be fairly similar. I would have to disagree considering I'm diamond in normals and barely bronze in Ranked...then again...i will get 10-15 win streaks, then 10-15 troll games....just can't get passed the hump.

Thoughts? I know that on the surface they are quite different, and you are many times forced into roles you are not as good at (or someone on your team is) because the meta is at this time the "one true way" and anything else is considered trolling.

zebano
10-04-2012, 11:20 AM
So, I saw a thread going on in the LoL forums about how your normal games basically should tell you how you will do in ranked and that they will be fairly similar. I would have to disagree considering I'm diamond in normals and barely bronze in Ranked...then again...i will get 10-15 win streaks, then 10-15 troll games....just can't get passed the hump.

Thoughts? I know that on the surface they are quite different, and you are many times forced into roles you are not as good at (or someone on your team is) because the meta is at this time the "one true way" and anything else is considered trolling.

What are you using to see your normal rating? Also if you're that much better you'll get out of bronze with a few more games. Please note that normal elo has never been reset and so what is diamond in ranked probably isn't the right cutoff for nomals.

EDUSAN
10-04-2012, 11:21 AM
lately im playing against people with 150-500 wins.... when im 1200 wins and i team with 1200-1600 wins friends... no idea what is happening

zebano
10-04-2012, 11:21 AM
I was looking at the schedule and it's a match per hour. So I'm assuming it's single elimination matches today.

No, it's a group stage. I believe the top two teams from each group move on. TSM, World Elite, Taipai Assassins and M5 all have byes out of the group stage. After group stage are best of 3 matches.

Udgnim
10-04-2012, 12:40 PM
S2 finals going to be huge. should easily get 500K+ viewers

wonder if it can reach 750K, 1M would be amazing

also curious how to see Normal ELO. just looking at who you're getting matched with in Normal games and seeing their ELO?

krnmastersgt
10-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Would like to note the visual update for TF doesn't include the Magnificent Twisted Fate skin, so here's hoping they actually made the skin worth buying possible instead of a waste of $20.

crownjules
10-04-2012, 06:00 PM
CLG got absolutely destroyed by Azubu Frost. They did a 16 min 3-man Baron in which they killed three CLG guys and didn't lose one.

Zxian
10-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Frost destroyed everyone. 'Nuff said.

I may have a new mancrush on Shy. That Singed play was ridiculously good.

krnmastersgt
10-04-2012, 06:43 PM
SK vs CLG was the most entertaining ending I've seen in a loooong time.

zebano
10-05-2012, 09:52 AM
I am massively dissapointed in the NA, the EU teams (I've liked CLG.eu = Froggen +wickd) other than SK were decent but holy crap there isn't a weak team in Asia at all, even the eliminated Saigon Jokers showed some firepower. Maknoon of Nanjin Sword lived up to his reputation and then some clearly looking like the best top laner in the world. Personally I feel like the loss of Jatt and Voyboy from Dignitas really leave it as a one man team and while Scarra is hella-good you simply can't win at this level like that (IMO SK/Ocelot has the same problem).

nanobreath
10-05-2012, 10:30 AM
SK vs CLG was the most entertaining ending I've seen in a loooong time.

Yes! SK guys were super pissed at the end of that match. The match was very even, and there wasn't ever really a decisive team fight. The teleport push as SK retreated was awesome. For some reason it caught them completely by surprise.

I am massively dissapointed in the NA, the EU teams (I've liked CLG.eu = Froggen +wickd) other than SK were decent but holy crap there isn't a weak team in Asia at all, even the eliminated Saigon Jokers showed some firepower. Maknoon of Nanjin Sword lived up to his reputation and then some clearly looking like the best top laner in the world. Personally I feel like the loss of Jatt and Voyboy from Dignitas really leave it as a one man team and while Scarra is hella-good you simply can't win at this level like that (IMO SK/Ocelot has the same problem).

Them asian teams just put WAY more into it than anybody else. They play and practice with much greater frequency than EU and NA teams. And it really shows.

crownjules
10-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Them asian teams just put WAY more into it than anybody else. They play and practice with much greater frequency than EU and NA teams. And it really shows.

Yup. This should be a wake up call to teams like CLG that they can't just coast on being solo queue streaming superstars. They almost never scrim. And it showed because those matches vs. the Asian teams looked like pub stomps.

NikolaeVarius
10-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Woooo Korea. Crush these damn NA bastards.

zebano
10-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Yup. This should be a wake up call to teams like CLG that they can't just coast on being solo queue streaming superstars. They almost never scrim. And it showed because those matches vs. the Asian teams looked like pub stomps.

They always seem to disappoint but I'll be very interested to see if TSM is on the same level as these guys. Their trip to Korea to train a few months back really didn't go that well but M5 might have some serious competition here!

krnmastersgt
10-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Man the internetz issues during the last quarterfinal was ridiculous. They only ever actually played 1 game without serious issues/restarts.

Also I lol'd at all the WE is cheating threads on numerous forums, apparently people caught screenshots of some of the WE players glancing at the minimap that reveals both teams next to the main screens.

Hacp
10-07-2012, 05:12 PM
I mostly play ARAMs now, any other ARAMers out there?

nsafreak
10-07-2012, 05:35 PM
I play ARAMs every now and then but the minority of the time. There's not a whole lot of strategy to them and certain champs are rendered almost useless by lack of movement lanes.

zebano
10-08-2012, 09:35 AM
Man the internetz issues during the last quarterfinal was ridiculous. They only ever actually played 1 game without serious issues/restarts.

Also I lol'd at all the WE is cheating threads on numerous forums, apparently people caught screenshots of some of the WE players glancing at the minimap that reveals both teams next to the main screens.

yeah I heard the same about AF and iG. =/

This is the type of logistical thing that Riot should really deal with before the games start.

nanobreath
10-08-2012, 11:07 AM
yeah I heard the same about AF and iG. =/

This is the type of logistical thing that Riot should really deal with before the games start.

I guess the expectation was that teams wouldn't cheat because it isn't fair. But these are super competitive teams playing for tons of money. They take every advantage they can get. The screen shouldn't even be visible to them.

krnmastersgt
10-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Apparently referees are supposed to watching the player cams all the time to check and see if they're looking somewhere not related to the game and most of it has been ruled okay, though they did say there was 1 very iffy case.

But yeah I don't understand wtf they were thinking when that was visible to players, simple fix is to just put up an overhang so they can't look.

crownjules
10-10-2012, 11:33 AM
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2660000

A week after the honor system was launched, a red post gives us the following stats:

Negative attitude reports: -29% in normals, -11% in ranked
Offensive language reports: -35% in normals, -20% in ranked
Verbal abuse reports: -41% in normals, -17% in ranked

Also mentions preventing honor abuse and a quick blurb on future plans for the honor system. But overall, it seems like positive reinforcement is helping make the community better. I've certainly noticed an improvement.

And in case you missed it, we're getting a double IP bonus on Oct 20-21 for the delays in the tournament which resumes tonight.

EDUSAN
10-10-2012, 11:38 AM
have you guys noticed all the people sayign "gg" at the end and "gl hf" at the beginning?

lol what a little point in honorable opponent can make to people...

NikolaeVarius
10-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Bah. I don't care about Honor. It's like achievements in video games, absolutely worthless.

I still get angry when people are playing stupidly.

crownjules
10-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Bah. I don't care about Honor. It's like achievements in video games, absolutely worthless.

I still get angry when people are playing stupidly.

Then you're failing to look past yourself to the larger psychological impact. This is the carrot to the stick (reports). Many studies show that positive reinforcement is far more effective than negative. If this promotes less people raging in game then it is a success.

NikolaeVarius
10-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Then you're failing to look past yourself to the larger psychological impact. This is the carrot to the stick (reports). Many studies show that positive reinforcement is far more effective than negative. If this promotes less people raging in game then it is a success.

Lies. Punishment is ALWAYS more effective than positive reinforcement. It's just that Honor is visible reinforcement vs reporting which is effectively invisible. So that obviously skews it one way.

Unless there is viewable and out in the open negative reports, honor is barely an actual incentive.

Udgnim
10-10-2012, 04:03 PM

the psychological impact is that it creates an environment where people are more willing to play because they are less afraid of being raged on and verbally abused if they play badly

it doesn't necessarily mean that they will start playing better though

if there is no one that calls them out on doing something poorly or stupid, it can take a while for them to ever start learning what they are doing wrong. if they are thick headed and have too much of an ego, they might not ever learn

some people can focus mainly on the fun part of playing a game and tolerate skill gaps. for other people, part of the fun is playing to get better individually and as a team, but that fun becomes more limited if a team member becomes too heavy to carry on a team

in terms of honor versus reports, I've read that if you get punished for tribunal cases against you, honor is wiped.

NikolaeVarius
10-10-2012, 04:23 PM
I agree with above. Another huge part of the fact that people suck is that, most of the time people can't admit they're playing like dumbasses, and any criticism of how they play and attempt to change how they play is met with hostlty. Just yesterday, I had an Annie mid die 7 times to the EXACT SAME GANK in 20 minutes. Every single time, cass would gank through a jungle route the exact same way, the mid baited in the exact same way, and then annie died.

Hard to not get angry. Honor does not allow someone to get better at all.

RampantAndroid
10-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Lies. Punishment is ALWAYS more effective than positive reinforcement. It's just that Honor is visible reinforcement vs reporting which is effectively invisible. So that obviously skews it one way.

Unless there is viewable and out in the open negative reports, honor is barely an actual incentive.

Yeah...pretty sure that saying GL HF to the mundo that bought AP and Mana items would NOT have made him play any better...