PDA

View Full Version : How can I adjust record volume of alternate inputs on a Hauppauge PVR 350? *fixed*

Jeff7
07-04-2005, 09:13 AM
I recently bought one of these adapters (http://www.pcalchemy.com/product_info.php/pName/hauppauge-av-cable-set-for-pvr150-250-350-500/cName/pvr-cardstv-tuners) for my PVR 350, which adds RCA inputs for video and stereo audio. However, when recording some things, the volume is so high that it causes severe distortion. The "Scart1_Volume" registry key, located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Hauppauge\hcwTVDlg\Aud ioControls appears to only change the recording volume for the tuner. It has no effect on the alternate input that I'm using. WinTV refers to it as input "C3" if that matters - Composite 3.

Does anyone know how I can change the recording or input volume for C3?
FYI, I don't just use the tuner hookup, as it seems that many VCRs don't output stereo sound through their tuners - they rely on you using the RCA outputs if you want stereo.

The key "HcwAudioScart1Volume" located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Globespan\Parameters\ivac1
\Driver also has no effect.

Update: For god's sake. Damn thing works now. How? I rebooted. I never reboot that computer, especially now that I'm converting and editing a lot of video. Maybe every two weeks it'll get rebooted. I figured too that this was a program-dependent registry setting - that the settings would get read when WinTV2K was opened. Apparently they are driver entries, initialized at reboot. *sigh*
Simplest damn thing in the world.

Also, every time WinTV2K opens, it defaults to the tuner input, which I don't have connected. How can I make it open to the C3 input automatically?

Jeff7
07-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Anyone? I guess not many people have used (or even knew about) this extra input connector. I know I didn't know about it for quite a long time. Seems that the folks at Hauppauge didn't exactly make extensive provisions in their drivers for it either - the tech support person said "I'm going to have to ask the engineers if there is a specific setting for that and get back to you on that."
So great, if there isn't a setting, I wonder if I must wait for the next driver revision?

Insidious
07-08-2005, 06:16 PM
I have the PVR 250 and there are mixer slider adjustments in the audio tab of the preferences menu. Do you have these? Do they change recording volume or just playback?

Jeff7
07-09-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by: Insidious
I have the PVR 250 and there are mixer slider adjustments in the audio tab of the preferences menu. Do you have these? Do they change recording volume or just playback?

The adjustments there are just for playback.