PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to finish Deus Ex IW without killing anyone?

glen
01-03-2004, 03:18 PM
There are a million threads out there on how the rocks, or sucks. If we can stay on track here and figure out how to Finish without killing folks, it would be cool.
Even if we have to trap some folks, or let the greasels kill them, that is still basically a win without personally killing anyone, and maybe even using a scramble grenade on some bots is fair also.
What are your thoughts?

dighn
01-03-2004, 03:19 PM
that game has been such a disappointment. runs like shlt on my barton 3200 and ti4200. must be getting like 20fps on the first level.

hdeck
01-03-2004, 03:32 PM
that would be quite the task. i say you go for it and report back asap!

EyeMWing
01-03-2004, 03:34 PM
Yes. It's VERY possible. The developers saw the playtesters do things that they hadn't even dreamed of to get through the game. I'm not sure exactly how you'd do the last level without killing anyone, but the rest is fairly straightforward. There's a LOT of hiding involved, though.

Edit: Also, you will require non-lethal takedowns at times. Baton and riot prod.

hdeck
01-03-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by: dighn
that game has been such a disappointment. runs like shlt on my barton 3200 and ti4200. must be getting like 20fps on the first level.

i thought they released a patch to improve performance?

LordMorpheus
01-03-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by: EyeMWing
Yes. It's VERY possible. The developers saw the playtesters do things that they hadn't even dreamed of to get through the game. I'm not sure exactly how you'd do the last level without killing anyone, but the rest is fairly straightforward. There's a LOT of hiding involved, though.

Edit: Also, you will require non-lethal takedowns at times. Baton and riot prod.

I have a freind who is gong to try to go through without interacting with any bad guys: I.E. no even non-lethal takedowns, none of them realize anything has happened until the end of the game . . .

I'm not sure if it is possible, tho.

glen
01-03-2004, 03:49 PM

The baton and riot prod suck so much, I can barely get 2 peopel out without loosign all health.
Is there a way to improve your skill as there was in the last version? or better batons or something?

glen
01-03-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by: LordMorpheus

I have a freind who is gong to try to go through without interacting with any bad guys: I.E. no even non-lethal takedowns, none of them realize anything has happened until the end of the game . . .

Well, you get attacked by folks from the Order early on at Tarsus academy,and it is almosy imposible to get around them without at least shoting pison gas container to stop them or knockign them out with the baton.

EyeMWing
01-03-2004, 03:50 PM
Yeah, there is. At level 3 strength, you can bash any normal person out with the baton in one hit.

glen
01-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by: LordMorpheus

What about throwing a scarmble grenade at an enemy robot, making it turn on the bad guys?
Is that considered a kill or not since "Alex" did nto directly do it.

dighn
01-03-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by: hdeck

doesn't do it for me

glen
01-04-2004, 03:10 AM

Originally posted by: hdeck

doesn't do it for me

Performance is fine for me

AMD Athlon 2.09 GHZ
1 Gig of Ram
and Nvidia Geforce Ti 4200