Side Planks: 3 times, 30 seconds a piece

Friday: Seated Rows: 3x10
Dumbbell Skull Crushers: 3x10
Leg Raises: 3x10
Scaptions: 3x10
Assisted Pull-Ups: 3x10

Saturday: Swim
Sunday: Swim

Supplements: Muscle Milk before and after workout.
Lipo-6: 2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon.

RagingBITCH
12-08-2007, 08:29 PM
It'd help to know your fitness goals. Also - I'm completely confused by your workout...are you trying to workout different body parts 2-3x a week? Just seems like a really random workout

crt1530
12-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Since you failed to mention what you hope to accomplish with this routine, I'm going to have to assess it based on my own super secret rating scale.

D-

Maleficus
12-08-2007, 09:09 PM
What does your super secret scale say!?

Sorry, I'm a newb.

Trying to gain muscle definition and lose fat.

currently weigh 255, want to weigh 205-215 under 10% BF

crt1530
12-08-2007, 09:14 PM
For somebody who is new to lifting weights, there isn't any routine better than this one. (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224) Read through the WHOLE thread and then come back with any questions.

Maleficus
12-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Somehow I knew you were going to link me to Rippetoe :(

I don't feel like I'm working out when I do that program.

crt1530
12-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by: Maleficus

Then you need to lift heavier.

If you're trying to lose fat, 350 calories per serving of muscle milk isn't doing you any favors. Assuming you're splitting the serving in half (since one serving is two scoops) and only having it before and after you lift weights, that's 1400 extra calories per week and roughly 20lbs of fat that you won't lose over the course of a year.

Special K
12-08-2007, 09:41 PM
How many calories are you eating per day? Do you know what your maintenance level of calories is? Are you tracking what you eat on Fitday (http://www.fitday.com)?

I don't see anything wrong with your workout. I would personally do lower reps and higher weight, but that's just me.

Maleficus
12-08-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm too lazy to keep track on fitday, every time I tell myself I'm going to do it, then lose interest after 2 days or so.

~ 2000 calories per day including the muscle milk

Diet is basically chicken, eggs, wheat bread, fat free cottage cheese, pineapple, apples, bananas, lean beef, beans... and I think thats it. I allow myself one reasonable cheat day a week also.

http://www.fitday.com/webfit/p...s.html?Owner=Maleficus (http://www.fitday.com/webfit/publicjournals.html?Owner=Maleficus)

Nov 30 is a fairly accurate representation of my diet.

Also I should rephrase, I feel like I could/should do a lot more after I do a Rippetoe workout.

GenHoth
12-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Do you guys know anything like fitday that will also track your lifts? It would be awesome to find a way to track the weight I lift and my diet at once.

Megatomic
12-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Sparkpeople does I believe.

fb0252
12-08-2007, 11:33 PM
maleficus, if you do all that, congrats. personally i'd skip the muscle milk!!! Check out the website at Testosterone Nation--T-Nation--for short. It's one of the better bodybuilding websites out there, and has more info than most people ever need. check out the posts by atomic dog. they'll get you going for sure. good luck!

CellarDoor
12-08-2007, 11:45 PM
I used to pay for the muscle milk all the time at the gym because it was the only protein drink that actually tasted good. Then I found Optimum Nutrition's double-rich chocolate. Yum, and I don't even like chocolate that much. Tastes pretty much just like chocolate though.

cKGunslinger
12-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by: Maleficus

You know, I worked out for about 6 months on my own devised "program," and while I was tired after each one, and thought I was getting a good workout, I started working out with a friend who recommended a very similar program for strength-training - 3x5 for squats/bench/deads, 3 times a week, increasing the weight by about 5lbs each week, then eventually adding in row/cleans/etc.

I was like you, the first couple of weeks, I felt I was cheating myself, that I should have been spending a *lot* more time at the gym, but as the program progressed, I was seeing great gains.

Best. Beginner's Program. Ever.