PDA

View Full Version : I stepped on my doggie!!!! :( :( :(

aphex
08-31-2003, 07:13 PM
I feel soooooo horrible!!! He was all excited cause we just got back from a car trip and he ran under my feet really quickly (while i was in between 2 steps), i came down on his leg HARD.... As soon as i stepped down, he yelped, LOUD. I slipped and dove foward diving over him, thank god missing him. But he was crying REALLY LOUDLY for like 30 seconds... I was so freakin worried he broke his leg or something i didnt know what to do.

I cradled him up and started runing towards my apartment to get the car keys to take him to the vet, but as soon as i scooped him up he stopped crying. I ran up to my apartment and laid him down on the tile.... What does he do? Gets up... Runs behind me... No limping, no crying... A perfectly healthy little boy....

Whew... I just wanna check though, he would be crying and limping if it was broken right? He's only 4 months old....

JonTheBaller
08-31-2003, 07:13 PM
:(

Zim Hosein
08-31-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by: johnnytightlips

0roo0roo
i stepped on my puppy once. he cried something horrible for 30 seconds too and held the paw up. i thought it was broken but after a while i examined the paw and it seemed to function normally andhe didn't squirm when i moved it:P just bruised. puppies are easy to break though, they like to be underfoot.

00Jones
:Q

Ausm
He is still is a pup so his bones are more supple then an older dogs. He should be alright keep an eye on him tho.

Ausm

munruss
08-31-2003, 07:16 PM
idiot! Maybe we should make you scream like a bitch!

StormRider
08-31-2003, 07:17 PM
I :heart: puppies.

kazeakuma
08-31-2003, 07:17 PM
Puppies forget pain quickly, especially if you pay them attention :)
Just watch how he walks, play with him and get him moving around. Just see if he favours the leg slightly, if he does then it might warrant looking at. Otherwise he should be fine.

And it sucks to step on your dogs, but they always forgive you :P

agnitrate
08-31-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by: munruss

stop posting.

your lame attempts at trolling people's threads are a waste of everyone's time.

I hope your dog feels better aphex.

-silver

aphex
08-31-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by: kazeakuma
Just watch how he walks, play with him and get him moving around. Just see if he favours the leg slightly, if he does then it might warrant looking at. Otherwise he should be fine.

Hes running around the apartment right now at full 'butt running speed' (as i call it)... He drops his butt down to get better speed :D

munruss
08-31-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by: agnitrate

stop posting.

-silver

Oh come on...you don't think he's an idiot for hurting his dog and then posting about it. That is an idiot for you!

RedRooster
08-31-2003, 07:20 PM
See, now that's the story about why cats are superior to dogs. A cat would've layed in the living room directly in the sun, not moving an inch for a good hour after you put your stuff away. Then, it would've come running when you opened the fridge, since it's now supper time and he needs fed. :)
Since dogs are so needy and always being underfeet, injuries like this are inevitable.
Hope he learned his lesson, probably not though. I still feel sorry for him.

Konigin
Awwww:(

spanky
i assume if he's running out and about... he should be alright. not saying this is a great analogy, but little kids often do the same thing... quick cry... then they're perfectly fine about 5-10 minutes later.

munruss
08-31-2003, 07:23 PM
Maybe we should get Aphex neutered to calm him down!

Peter D
08-31-2003, 07:25 PM
hope the pup gets better aphex, and munruss, i hope M4H and a bunch of the other ATOT'ers pimp slap the stupid outta you, as M4H so 'elegantly' puts it ;):P

cpals
08-31-2003, 07:25 PM

Stop Posting... NOW!

aphex
08-31-2003, 07:30 PM

Dude... I've told you this before and i'll say it again... Shut the f-up and get out of my thread...

You think after all this time you would learn when to shut your mouth....

Storm
08-31-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by: agnitrate

stop posting.

-silver

Exactly... you do know you're just drawing attention to yourself and your posting days here are limited if you keep crapping in ppl's threads like you currently are...

munruss
08-31-2003, 07:33 PM
I am doing nothing wrong. I'm not cursing nor violating any rules. This is a forum to post about anything and I am simply stating my opinions. As long as I don't violate any rules, I can say what I want and you'll read it!

I am doing nothing wrong. I'm not cursing nor violating any rules. This is a forum to post about anything and I am simply stating my opinions. As long as I don't violate any rules, I can say what I want and you'll read it!

Come back in two weeks, but only if you are through being so rude to others.

AnandTech Moderator

Nohr
08-31-2003, 07:37 PM
Around 6 years ago my mom accidentally stepped on one of our cats.

black cat + dark room = l33t n|nja pussy

Poor thing had one of it's rear legs dislocated and it had to wait it out til morning when the vet opened. My mom felt sooo bad. Cat was all better after a couple weeks with a leg cast. :)

Storm
08-31-2003, 07:37 PM

Thread crapping isnt smiled upon everyone knows that... If it gets to the extreme the mods will take you out. Just giving you a heads up. Its up to you if you want to continue * shurgs *

kazeakuma
08-31-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by: aphex

Hes running around the apartment right now at full 'butt running speed' (as i call it)... He drops his butt down to get better speed :D

Haha, I just got a mental picture of my dogs doing that :P

aphex
08-31-2003, 07:41 PM

Haha, I just got a mental picture of my dogs doing that :P

He's so funny.... Goes all around the apartment for a few minutes until he tires himself out.... Freakin CUTE though! :D

Kadarin
08-31-2003, 07:43 PM

Awwww :D:heart:

<-- loves puppies too, and has one (still a puppy in my heart, even if he's 3 years old now..)

neilm
08-31-2003, 07:44 PM
I was so freakin worried he broke his leg or something i didnt know what to do.
Oi! don't put the blame on the dog, it was YOU that almost broke his leg ;)

Nah seriously.. I have two yorkshire terrors at home and they are always at your feet, so its an easy mistake to make... hopefully its not badly hurt though.

Trevelyan
08-31-2003, 08:01 PM
Phew.... that's why I always get the extended warranty plan.

m2kewl
08-31-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by: Trevelyan

lmao

z0mb13
08-31-2003, 08:31 PM
ack! no!

step on cats instead!!

08-31-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by: m2kewl

lmaoThe best part is that it's a replacement plan, not just a dumb repair plan. So you either get the same model, or the better model if that one's discontinued. :D

MrCodeDude
08-31-2003, 08:35 PM
WTF? It's not like he got off on stepping on his dog. Leave the forums plz. kthx
-- mrcodedude

z0mb13
pics??

kazeakuma
Originally posted by: jumpr

Originally posted by: m2kewl

lmaoThe best part is that it's a replacement plan, not just a dumb repair plan. So you either get the same model, or the better model if that one's discontinued. :D

But there's no data transfer. So you have to start from scratch every time :)

MrCodeDude
08-31-2003, 08:37 PM
Oh yeah.

:camera:

amnesiac
08-31-2003, 08:41 PM
What kind of dog is it? If it's a kick-me dog then be prepared to step on it a few more times eventually. :P

I have a 135-lb chocolate lab, who likes being underfoot. Unfortunately, when he's underfoot it's like having a huge throw-rug-meets-brick-wall in your way.

rival
08-31-2003, 08:43 PM
im reporting you to PETA you animal basher

Nocturnal
08-31-2003, 08:45 PM
I did that to my bird before. I really felt bad and cried my heart out. I actually broke his neck because he died. You would not imagine how heart broken I was. I never meant to do that either. It was a total accident, the bird just walked under my foot. Ouch.

Lyfer
08-31-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein

Originally posted by: johnnytightlips

aphex
08-31-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by: amnesiac
What kind of dog is it? If it's a kick-me dog then be prepared to step on it a few more times eventually. :P

I have a 135-lb chocolate lab, who likes being underfoot. Unfortunately, when he's underfoot it's like having a huge throw-rug-meets-brick-wall in your way.

Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

He's a sturdy boy so im not too worried.... At any rate, he's still doin fine thank god.... He's sleeping on the tile right now...

Shawn
08-31-2003, 11:15 PM
I step on my cat all the time. :Q

datdamkid
08-31-2003, 11:17 PM
:( that sucks to be the doggie i would just get it check out by the vet just in case

Slacker
08-31-2003, 11:24 PM
OH man, THAT SOUND! it is what I imagine it would sound like if you didnt hit a baby seal quite hard enough with the club:| YAWRHYAWRHYAWRHYAWRHYAWRHYAWRH

I remember that sound from when my parents had a dog when I was a kid, what made it worse is that their poodle would fake being hurt to get attention so we would hear that sound at least once a day :|

And the "Full butt running speed" I remember that too, usually after the dog came back in from taking a dump, they get happy and haul ASS in the scoot posture, cute.

Does he use the upright part of the sofa like a race car on a banked oval track?

rh71
08-31-2003, 11:33 PM
Our small Pomeranian squealed really loudly when I dropped the leg of a chair on his tail... he was ok though. Gotta love how they forgive you right away. :)

Another time he stepped in between the mattress and the frame of the bed... and we thought he twisted his leg for sure. For a few minutes thereafter, he would sit there on the side of his leg (the unnatural sit) and wouldn't move. About 15 minutes later, he was running around like nothing had happened. Gotta love dogs.

GeekDrew
09-01-2003, 12:03 AM
Heh my cousin is in from Chicago this weekend, and he brought his beagle puppy... it's so cute! Of course, we may need to take it to the vet, though... my grandma's dog, who has never bitten another dog in it's life, decided that it wanted the bone that Hunter had, and he bit Hunter's face in the process of removing said bone. :(

Such a cute puppy! He's been freaking out though, he's in foreign territory, has no idea where he is.

Walleye
09-01-2003, 12:05 AM
i've stepped on my cat several times, but luckily i always drew back my foot in time before causing any serious damage. she's a good cat... cant imagine loosing her :(

i had a dog that died of cancer, but if i stepped on him, he'd probably bite my leg off.

(big dog. cheasapeke bay retriever)

aphex
09-01-2003, 07:29 PM
Quick update....

Hes 100% and all good :)

TheBoyBlunder
09-01-2003, 07:31 PM
Quick update....

Hes 100% and all good :)

:)

phreakah
09-01-2003, 07:34 PM

Come back in two weeks, but only if you are through being so rude to others.

AnandTech Moderator

LOL

idNut
09-01-2003, 07:37 PM

That's an interesting philosophy. My one new "puppy" just fell down the stairs and has been limping for three days now. We felt his paw and leg but he doesn't yelp at anything. We're going to take him to the vet soon.

As far as stepping on dogs, I've had plenty experience: I've run over my basset hounds' ears with my chair, stepped on their toes, knocked them over, slammed their tails in doors, pushed them down stairs and poked them in the eyes but they've all survived because they're from the streets. ;) I never did any of this on purpose so don't call me cruel, it's just when you have 6, it's hard to get anywhere.

Pliablemoose
09-01-2003, 07:58 PM
I accidentally kicked my cat yesterday, afterwards, he'd see me coming & do a cartoon cat get away (seemed like his paws moved more than he did...

He forgave me today:D